    I recently installed the upgrade. Now if I go to
    http://www.bigyellow.com/ and click on "People", the screen gets cleared
    and nothing happens. Can someone else try that for me. TIA.

    Stubby, Sep 26, 2006

  2. Stubby wrote:
    > I recently installed the upgrade. Now if I go to
    > http://www.bigyellow.com/ and click on "People", the screen gets cleared
    > and nothing happens. Can someone else try that for me. TIA.

    Clearly you mean FF 1.5.0.7.

    I don't see a link that says People, but there is a menu item that says
    People Pages, is that the one you mean?

    Its working fine from here, it brings me to:

    http://find.person.superpages.com/

    Lee

    Leonidas Jones, Sep 26, 2006

  3. Stubby

    Stubby Guest

    Leonidas Jones wrote:
    > Stubby wrote:
    >> I recently installed the upgrade. Now if I go to
    >> http://www.bigyellow.com/ and click on "People", the screen gets
    >> cleared and nothing happens. Can someone else try that for me. TIA.

    > Clearly you mean FF 1.5.0.7.
    >
    > I don't see a link that says People, but there is a menu item that says
    > People Pages, is that the one you mean?
    >
    > Its working fine from here, it brings me to:
    >
    > http://find.person.superpages.com/

    Thanks. Once again I have to guess what is wrong with my installation.
    Do you have any hints? Maybe I should uninstall Ad-Block Plus. But
    are there Options that might be wrong? I get a "connection reset" after
    about 5 minutes which says that my end is not responding promptly.

    Stubby, Sep 26, 2006
  4. Stubby wrote:

    > Leonidas Jones wrote:
    >> Stubby wrote:
    >>> I recently installed the upgrade. Now if I go to
    >>> http://www.bigyellow.com/ and click on "People", the screen gets
    >>> cleared and nothing happens. Can someone else try that for me. TIA.

    >> Clearly you mean FF 1.5.0.7.
    >>
    >> I don't see a link that says People, but there is a menu item that
    >> says People Pages, is that the one you mean?
    >>
    >> Its working fine from here, it brings me to:
    >>
    >> http://find.person.superpages.com/

    > Thanks. Once again I have to guess what is wrong with my installation.
    > Do you have any hints? Maybe I should uninstall Ad-Block Plus. But
    > are there Options that might be wrong? I get a "connection reset" after
    > about 5 minutes which says that my end is not responding promptly.

    Run FF in Safe Mode. That will disable your extensions, and give us
    some more insight into where the problem lies.

    Start>>Programs>>Mozilla Firefox>>Mozilla Firefox (Safe Mode)

    Lee

    Leonidas Jones, Sep 26, 2006
  5. Stubby

    Stubby Guest

    Leonidas Jones wrote:
    > Stubby wrote:

    >>> Clearly you mean FF 1.5.0.7.
    >>>
    >>> I don't see a link that says People, but there is a menu item that
    >>> says People Pages, is that the one you mean?
    >>>
    >>> Its working fine from here, it brings me to:
    >>>
    >>> http://find.person.superpages.com/

    >> Thanks. Once again I have to guess what is wrong with my
    >> installation. Do you have any hints? Maybe I should uninstall
    >> Ad-Block Plus. But are there Options that might be wrong? I get a
    >> "connection reset" after about 5 minutes which says that my end is not
    >> responding promptly.

    > Run FF in Safe Mode. That will disable your extensions, and give us
    > some more insight into where the problem lies.
    >
    > Start>>Programs>>Mozilla Firefox>>Mozilla Firefox (Safe Mode)

    Thanks, Lee. The web page shows up in Safe Mode. But where do I look
    for the culprit?

    Stubby, Sep 26, 2006
  6. Stubby wrote:
    > Leonidas Jones wrote:
    >> Stubby wrote:

    >>> Thanks. Once again I have to guess what is wrong with my
    >>> installation. Do you have any hints? Maybe I should uninstall
    >>> Ad-Block Plus. But are there Options that might be wrong? I get a
    >>> "connection reset" after about 5 minutes which says that my end is
    >>> not responding promptly.

    >> Run FF in Safe Mode. That will disable your extensions, and give us
    >> some more insight into where the problem lies.
    >>
    >> Start>>Programs>>Mozilla Firefox>>Mozilla Firefox (Safe Mode)

    > Thanks, Lee. The web page shows up in Safe Mode. But where do I look
    > for the culprit?

    Well, we know its an extension problem. The stock answer is disable all
    extensions, then reenable them one by one until you find the offender.

    However, you might start with disabling AdBlock, that seems a likely one.

    Lee

    Leonidas Jones, Sep 27, 2006
  7. Stubby

    Stubby Guest

    Leonidas Jones wrote:
    > Stubby wrote:

    >>> Run FF in Safe Mode. That will disable your extensions, and give us
    >>> some more insight into where the problem lies.
    >>>
    >>> Start>>Programs>>Mozilla Firefox>>Mozilla Firefox (Safe Mode)

    >> Thanks, Lee. The web page shows up in Safe Mode. But where do I
    >> look for the culprit?

    > Well, we know its an extension problem. The stock answer is disable all
    > extensions, then reenable them one by one until you find the offender.
    >
    > However, you might start with disabling AdBlock, that seems a likely one.

    Hah! I found that AdBlock is the only extension I have, but just for
    grins, I tried the offending web page -- it works! I haven't the
    faintest idea why. Thanks for your help.

    Stubby, Sep 27, 2006