    Anyone else having this problem? At first I assumed it was a timeout
    issue, but its happening among 2 ISPs over a course of a few days now.

    Thanks.

    Axl, Sep 25, 2003

  2. Axl

    Luna Guest

    Axl schreef:

    > It seems like at least once per day if not more, I have to re-type my
    > password into TB, even though I've checked for it to be remembered.
    > Anyone else having this problem? At first I assumed it was a timeout
    > issue, but its happening among 2 ISPs over a course of a few days now.

    Yup, same problem here (for news that is). Since I don't post to
    newsgroups regularly, I uncheck 'always request authentication when
    connecting to this server' (if I remember this correctly, I use the
    Dutch version of TB now) in the Server Settings for News, and check it
    when I want to post something. Hope this gets fixed in a future version.

    Luna

    Luna, Sep 25, 2003

  3. Axl

    Oskar Wild Guest

    yes, same problem here - and it doesn't interprete paths when trying
    to define an alternate path for the signup.txt password file via
    user_prefs(...).

    :-(

    Ossi

    Luna <> wrote:
    >> It seems like at least once per day if not more, I have to re-type my
    >> password into TB, even though I've checked for it to be remembered.

    [..]

    Oskar Wild, Sep 25, 2003
  4. Oskar Wild wrote:

    > yes, same problem here - and it doesn't interprete paths when trying
    > to define an alternate path for the signup.txt password file via
    > user_prefs(...).
    >
    > :-(
    >
    > Ossi
    >

    > Luna <> wrote:
    >
    >>>It seems like at least once per day if not more, I have to re-type my
    >>>password into TB, even though I've checked for it to be remembered.

    > [..]

    On a secure server, TB needs to be trained to access the newsgroups fom
    many different paths. Just keep adding the username password
    combination and ask Password Manager to remember it everytime. After a
    while TB will stop asking you unless you subscribe to a new group.

    Its a bug, and kind of annoying, but it will go away if you wait with
    patience.

    Lee

    Leonidas Jones, Sep 25, 2003
  5. Axl

    gmccx Guest

    Leonidas Jones wrote:

    > Oskar Wild wrote:
    >
    > > yes, same problem here - and it doesn't interprete paths when trying
    > > to define an alternate path for the signup.txt password file via
    > > user_prefs(...).
    > >
    > > :-(
    > >
    > > Ossi

    > > [..]

    > On a secure server, TB needs to be trained to access the newsgroups fom
    > many different paths. Just keep adding the username password
    > combination and ask Password Manager to remember it everytime. After a
    > while TB will stop asking you unless you subscribe to a new group.
    >
    > Its a bug, and kind of annoying, but it will go away if you wait with
    > patience.
    >
    > Lee

    No, it won't... or I just got tired to re-entering my UID/PW every few
    minutes for about a week. I finally gave up and went back to NS 4.79
    for news. It works fine but does require the logon once at the start of
    a session (on Giganews) and has the unfortunate side effect of opening
    up the 4.79 browser on newsgroup posted links, which is why I wanted to
    use Moz for reading in the first place.

    This feature has been broken for years in Moz and I don't really expect
    to be fixed anytime soon, if ever.

    --

    George
    http://people.delphiforums.com/gmcc

    gmccx, Sep 27, 2003
  6. gmccx wrote:
    > Leonidas Jones wrote:
    >
    >>Oskar Wild wrote:
    >>

    >>>yes, same problem here - and it doesn't interprete paths when trying
    >>>to define an alternate path for the signup.txt password file via
    >>>user_prefs(...).
    >>>
    >>>:-(
    >>>
    >>>Ossi

    >>>[..]

    >>On a secure server, TB needs to be trained to access the newsgroups fom
    >>many different paths. Just keep adding the username password
    >>combination and ask Password Manager to remember it everytime. After a
    >>while TB will stop asking you unless you subscribe to a new group.
    >>
    >>Its a bug, and kind of annoying, but it will go away if you wait with
    >>patience.
    >>
    >>Lee

    > No, it won't... or I just got tired to re-entering my UID/PW every few
    > minutes for about a week. I finally gave up and went back to NS 4.79
    > for news. It works fine but does require the logon once at the start of
    > a session (on Giganews) and has the unfortunate side effect of opening
    > up the 4.79 browser on newsgroup posted links, which is why I wanted to
    > use Moz for reading in the first place.
    >
    > This feature has been broken for years in Moz and I don't really expect
    > to be fixed anytime soon, if ever.

    Lets not argue. I can only share my experience. It took a good two
    weeks, and yes it was annoying, but T'bird finally did learn. On the
    server where I am writing this message, I used to experience exactly the
    problem you describe. I kept entering idand password, kect saving it,
    and now I am never asked for them, unless I subscribe to a new group.

    Frustrating, yes, bug, absolutely, should it be fixed, absolutely, but,
    if you keep at it, it will go away. A week isn't long enough.

    Lee

    Leonidas Jones, Sep 27, 2003
  7. Axl

    gmccx Guest

    Leonidas Jones wrote:

    > gmccx wrote:

    > >>On a secure server, TB needs to be trained to access the newsgroups fom
    > >>many different paths. Just keep adding the username password
    > >>combination and ask Password Manager to remember it everytime. After a
    > >>while TB will stop asking you unless you subscribe to a new group.
    > >>
    > >>Its a bug, and kind of annoying, but it will go away if you wait with
    > >>patience.
    > >>
    > >>Lee

    > > No, it won't... or I just got tired to re-entering my UID/PW every few
    > > minutes for about a week. I finally gave up and went back to NS 4.79
    > > for news. It works fine but does require the logon once at the start of
    > > a session (on Giganews) and has the unfortunate side effect of opening
    > > up the 4.79 browser on newsgroup posted links, which is why I wanted to
    > > use Moz for reading in the first place.
    > >
    > > This feature has been broken for years in Moz and I don't really expect
    > > to be fixed anytime soon, if ever.
    > >

    > Lets not argue. I can only share my experience. It took a good two
    > weeks, and yes it was annoying, but T'bird finally did learn. On the
    > server where I am writing this message, I used to experience exactly the
    > problem you describe. I kept entering idand password, kect saving it,
    > and now I am never asked for them, unless I subscribe to a new group.
    >
    > Frustrating, yes, bug, absolutely, should it be fixed, absolutely, but,
    > if you keep at it, it will go away. A week isn't long enough.
    >
    > Lee

    Ya.. maybe I just got annoyed with to quickly. But then, why should it
    prompt when sub'bing to a new group on the same server? The groups
    aren't passworded, and I've already logged in to the server. If I could
    make NS 4.7x open Moz on a newsgroup posted link, I'd not give this a
    second thought in the first place. But that isn't likely.

    gmccx, Sep 29, 2003