    Meat Plow Guest

    <http://thescotsman.scotsman.com/news/Taxpayer-to-buy-1600-flatscreen.6624452.jp>

    Must be pretty damn nice to be a prisoner in Scotland.

    Meat Plow, Nov 13, 2010

  2. Re: Taxpayer to buy 1,600 flat-screen TVs a year for prison inmates in Scotland

    "Meat Plow" <> wrote in message
    > <http://thescotsman.scotsman.com/news/Taxpayer-to-buy-1600-flatscreen.6624452.jp>
    >
    > Must be pretty damn nice to be a prisoner in Scotland.
    >
    > --
    > Live Fast, Die Young and Leave a Pretty Corpse

    They are 19" - and you can't buy anything other than flat screen TVs now.
    Prisons have had TV as a privilege for some time.
    Geoff Pearson, Nov 13, 2010

  3. Re: Taxpayer to buy 1,600 flat-screen TVs a year for prison inmates in Scotland

    Meat Plow <> pondereth thusly:

    > <http://thescotsman.scotsman.com/news
    > /Taxpayer-to-buy-1600-flatscreen.6624452.jp>
    >
    > Must be pretty damn nice to be a prisoner in Scotland.

    Well, would you rather buy them shotguns, you doe-doe-hed?

    I'm thinkin' like in the USA when someone is in prison, but
    they finally get exonerated by DNA evidence or a lying cop
    or something like that and then they sue the crap out of the
    government for "wrongful imprisonment"; then this way the
    lawyers for the government could always say "Yeah but, your
    honor, he had all those flatscreens TV all the time" and
    that way the judge could reduce the amount of payment and
    thereby save all the taxpayers a bunch of money. Whoo-whee!

    HTH.

    --

    I AM Bucky Breeder, (*(^;
    and on the 'AWESOMENESS METER',

    You should not view the world in terms
    and finding acceptance of them as such.

    I could help you with that... but...
    I really just don't like you that much.

    Repent! The end is near.... Or, smoke 'em if you got 'em.
    And... good luck if there's an apocalypse.

    (And some condoms... because I wouldn't want to be the first guy who
    survives the apocolypse on Murray Povich staring at DNA child support.)
    Bucky Breeder, Nov 13, 2010
  4. Meat Plow

    tigger Guest

    Re: Taxpayer to buy 1,600 flat-screen TVs a year for prison inmatesin Scotland

    On Sat, 13 Nov 2010 15:39:18 +0000, Meat Plow Writted thus:

    > <http://thescotsman.scotsman.com/news/Taxpayer-to-buy-1600-

    flatscreen.6624452.jp>

    > Must be pretty damn nice to be a prisoner in Scotland.

    The initial cost of £150 each is to the taxpayer, but ALL inmates are
    charged for them @ £1 a week, two inmates to a cell, sometimes 4. that
    means after 18 months or so the prison service will start to break even,
    then make a profit, even after breakages and replacements...
    tigger, Nov 13, 2010
  5. Meat Plow

    Meat Plow Guest

    On Sat, 13 Nov 2010 16:32:00 +0000, Bucky Breeder wrote:

    > Meat Plow <> pondereth thusly:
    >
    >> <http://thescotsman.scotsman.com/news
    >> /Taxpayer-to-buy-1600-flatscreen.6624452.jp>
    >>
    >> Must be pretty damn nice to be a prisoner in Scotland.

    > Well, would you rather buy them shotguns, you doe-doe-hed?

    I'm just the messenger, Poopy Head. I don't care what they have.

    Meat Plow, Nov 13, 2010
  6. Re: Taxpayer to buy 1,600 flat-screen TVs a year for prison inmates in Scotland

    Meat Plow <> vigorously defendeth thusly:

    > On Sat, 13 Nov 2010 16:32:00 +0000, Bucky Breeder wrote
    > via news:Xns9E2F6B25BA9E0BuckyGram@216.151.153.44:
    >
    >> Meat Plow <> pondereth thusly:
    >>
    >>> <http://thescotsman.scotsman.com/news
    >>> /Taxpayer-to-buy-1600-flatscreen.6624452.jp>
    >>>
    >>> Must be pretty damn nice to be a prisoner in Scotland.

    >> Well, would you rather buy them shotguns, you doe-doe-hed?
    >> [snipped severely and selectively...]

    > I'm just the messenger, Poopy Head. I don't care what they

    have.

    Oh yes you do, you big cry-baby!

    You're probably just so upset because
    they're not going to be too interested
    in your prison-pen-pal letters anymore.
    (Now that they've got the Oprah shows)

    HTH.

    --

    I AM Bucky Breeder, (*(^;
    and on the 'AWESOMENESS METER',

    You should not view the world in terms
    and finding acceptance of them as such.

    I could help you with that... but...
    I really just don't like you that much.

    Repent! The end is near.... Or, smoke 'em if you got 'em.
    And... good luck if there's an apocalypse.

    (Me? I don't go anywhere without a shotgun and package of beef
    jerky!)

    (And some breath-freshening gum... just in case I run into any
    pretty
    white ladies who wanna have some fun before I throw them out as
    bait
    to the flesh-eating zombies so I can escape quietly yet very
    quickly.)

    Bucky Breeder, Nov 13, 2010
  7. Meat Plow

    Aardvark Guest

    On Sat, 13 Nov 2010 15:39:18 +0000, Meat Plow wrote:

    > <http://thescotsman.scotsman.com/news/Taxpayer-to-buy-1600-

    flatscreen.6624452.jp>

    > Must be pretty damn nice to be a prisoner in Scotland.

    In the UK, or anywhere in Europe for that matter, the human dignity of
    prisoners isn't abused- no bright orange jumpsuits, no shackles. They're
    sent to prison *as* punishment, not *for* punishment.

    Just the way it is, mate. I'd sooner have it this way.

    no hace mucho tiempo que vivía un hidalgo de los de lanza en
    astillero, adarga antigua, rocín flaco y galgo corredor."
    -Cervantes, 'Don Quixote'
    Aardvark, Nov 13, 2010
  8. Re: Taxpayer to buy 1,600 flat-screen TVs a year for prison inmates in Scotland

    Aardvark <> speculated thusly:

    > On Sat, 13 Nov 2010 15:39:18 +0000, Meat Plow wrote:
    >
    >> <http://thescotsman.scotsman.com/news/Taxpayer-to-buy-1600-

    > flatscreen.6624452.jp>
    >>
    >> Must be pretty damn nice to be a prisoner in Scotland.

    > In the UK, or anywhere in Europe for that matter, the human dignity of
    > prisoners isn't abused- no bright orange jumpsuits, no shackles. They're
    > sent to prison *as* punishment, not *for* punishment.
    >
    > Just the way it is, mate. I'd sooner have it this way.

    Excellently articulated!

    Although, I'm not sure I agree with you totally. In the case
    of the televisions, I rather believe that it is a control
    strategy. In other words, most prisoners might have the
    perspective that they've lost everything anyway; therefore,
    why make any constructive effort?

    The easiest way, outside of mass-lobotomies and electric-shock
    collars, is to provide some perks that can be taken away for
    bad behavior ("behaviour", in UK prisons). To wit, ice cream,
    toilet paper, and conjugal visits.

    So, I believe it is one of those terribly obfuscated British
    agendas to make everyone hold their little fingers out at
    tea-time, so to speak.

    HTH.

    --

    I AM Bucky Breeder, (*(^; and I'm not talking to the aliens

    Bucky Breeder, Nov 13, 2010
  9. Meat Plow

    Meat Plow Guest

    On Sat, 13 Nov 2010 19:30:30 +0000, Bucky Breeder wrote:

    > Oh yes you do, you big cry-baby!

    Damn glad my titanium reinforced Alcotroll-Labs Irony Meter is back from
    ISO certification. My backup chinese meter would have melt down with your
    gamma ray potency irony.

    Meat Plow, Nov 13, 2010
  10. Meat Plow

    Meat Plow Guest

    On Sat, 13 Nov 2010 19:43:58 +0000, Aardvark wrote:

    > On Sat, 13 Nov 2010 15:39:18 +0000, Meat Plow wrote:
    >
    >> <http://thescotsman.scotsman.com/news/Taxpayer-to-buy-1600-

    > flatscreen.6624452.jp>
    >>
    >> Must be pretty damn nice to be a prisoner in Scotland.

    > In the UK, or anywhere in Europe for that matter, the human dignity of
    > prisoners isn't abused- no bright orange jumpsuits, no shackles. They're
    > sent to prison *as* punishment, not *for* punishment.

    If you are being incarcerated as punishment it is to punish you for your
    crimes. So your as/for description doesn't make any sense.

    > Just the way it is, mate. I'd sooner have it this way.

    I see. So a criminal kills your whole family. Gets his/her sentence
    reduced to life in prison, no parole. And you give him a nice flat screen
    to watch, decent clothing and treat him fairly with dignity? What about
    the dignity and what was fair for your family? I usually regard you as a
    reasonable person but you're not making sense.

    Meat Plow, Nov 13, 2010
  11. Meat Plow

    Meat Plow Guest

    On Sat, 13 Nov 2010 14:10:22 -0700, §nühw¤£f wrote:

    > tigger wrote:
    >> On Sat, 13 Nov 2010 15:39:18 +0000, Meat Plow Writted thus:
    >>
    >>> <http://thescotsman.scotsman.com/news/Taxpayer-to-buy-1600-

    >> flatscreen.6624452.jp>
    >>>
    >>> Must be pretty damn nice to be a prisoner in Scotland.

    >> The initial cost of £150 each is to the taxpayer, but ALL inmates are
    >> charged for them @ £1 a week, two inmates to a cell, sometimes 4. that
    >> means after 18 months or so the prison service will start to break
    >> even,
    >> then make a profit, even after breakages and replacements...

    > You'll note that Meat Plod will not address the reality you've
    > arrogantly injected into his attempt to create controversy.

    Obsession noted an laughed at. I'm not a yappy little punching bag like
    you, SnuhTard. I read and reply to what I wish. You read and reply
    because you are obsessed. Big difference. As far as tigger goes it wasn't
    really a question of cost if you were smart enough to comprehend my
    comment. But your Revenge Dweeb quest made you reply without thinking, as
    usual.

    Meat Plow, Nov 13, 2010
  12. Meat Plow

    Whiskers Guest

    On 2010-11-13, Bucky Breeder <Breeder_Bucky.Breeder@That's.my.name_Don't.wear.it.out> wrote:
    > Aardvark <> speculated thusly:
    >
    >> On Sat, 13 Nov 2010 15:39:18 +0000, Meat Plow wrote:
    >>
    >>> <http://thescotsman.scotsman.com/news/Taxpayer-to-buy-1600-

    >> flatscreen.6624452.jp>
    >>>
    >>> Must be pretty damn nice to be a prisoner in Scotland.

    >> In the UK, or anywhere in Europe for that matter, the human dignity of
    >> prisoners isn't abused- no bright orange jumpsuits, no shackles. They're
    >> sent to prison *as* punishment, not *for* punishment.
    >>
    >> Just the way it is, mate. I'd sooner have it this way.

    > Excellently articulated!
    >
    > Although, I'm not sure I agree with you totally. In the case
    > of the televisions, I rather believe that it is a control
    > strategy. In other words, most prisoners might have the
    > perspective that they've lost everything anyway; therefore,
    > why make any constructive effort?
    >
    > The easiest way, outside of mass-lobotomies and electric-shock
    > collars, is to provide some perks that can be taken away for
    > bad behavior ("behaviour", in UK prisons). To wit, ice cream,
    > toilet paper, and conjugal visits.
    >
    > So, I believe it is one of those terribly obfuscated British
    > agendas to make everyone hold their little fingers out at
    > tea-time, so to speak.
    >
    > HTH.

    There's a rehabilitation aspect too, and education.

    --
    -- ^^^^^^^^^^
    -- Whiskers
    Whiskers, Nov 13, 2010
  13. Meat Plow

    Whiskers Guest

    On 2010-11-13, Meat Plow <> wrote:
    > On Sat, 13 Nov 2010 19:43:58 +0000, Aardvark wrote:
    >
    >> On Sat, 13 Nov 2010 15:39:18 +0000, Meat Plow wrote:

    [...]

    > I see. So a criminal kills your whole family. Gets his/her sentence
    > reduced to life in prison, no parole. And you give him a nice flat screen
    > to watch, decent clothing and treat him fairly with dignity? What about
    > the dignity and what was fair for your family? I usually regard you as a
    > reasonable person but you're not making sense.

    How does being cruel to prisoners have any effect on the results of
    murder?

    --
    -- ^^^^^^^^^^
    -- Whiskers
    Whiskers, Nov 13, 2010
  14. Meat Plow

    Meat Plow Guest

    On Sat, 13 Nov 2010 22:28:35 +0000, Whiskers wrote:

    > On 2010-11-13, Meat Plow <> wrote:
    >> On Sat, 13 Nov 2010 19:43:58 +0000, Aardvark wrote:
    >>
    >>> On Sat, 13 Nov 2010 15:39:18 +0000, Meat Plow wrote:

    > [...]
    >
    >> I see. So a criminal kills your whole family. Gets his/her sentence
    >> reduced to life in prison, no parole. And you give him a nice flat
    >> screen to watch, decent clothing and treat him fairly with dignity?
    >> What about the dignity and what was fair for your family? I usually
    >> regard you as a reasonable person but you're not making sense.

    > How does being cruel to prisoners have any effect on the results of
    > murder?

    Leave my post intact and I might give your some validity.

    Meat Plow, Nov 13, 2010
  15. Meat Plow

    tigger Guest

    Re: Taxpayer to buy 1,600 flat-screen TVs a year for prison inmatesin Scotland

    On Sat, 13 Nov 2010 22:05:33 +0000, Meat Plow Writted thus:

    > On Sat, 13 Nov 2010 14:10:22 -0700, §nühw¤£f wrote:
    >
    >> tigger wrote:
    >>> On Sat, 13 Nov 2010 15:39:18 +0000, Meat Plow Writted thus:

    >>> flatscreen.6624452.jp>

    >>> The initial cost of £150 each is to the taxpayer, but ALL inmates are
    >>> charged for them @ £1 a week, two inmates to a cell, sometimes 4. that
    >>> means after 18 months or so the prison service will start to break
    >>> even,
    >>> then make a profit, even after breakages and replacements...

    >> You'll note that Meat Plod will not address the reality you've
    >> arrogantly injected into his attempt to create controversy.

    > Obsession noted an laughed at. I'm not a yappy little punching bag like
    > you, SnuhTard. I read and reply to what I wish. You read and reply
    > because you are obsessed. Big difference. As far as tigger goes it
    > wasn't really a question of cost if you were smart enough to comprehend
    > my comment. But your Revenge Dweeb quest made you reply without
    > thinking, as usual.

    Maybe I was a little too subtle or obvious in my first reply, so now I'll
    be more intellectual for you.

    The point of them going to prison is keeping them away from the rest of
    society because they are stupid/dangerous. When they are released, if
    they have no view of the current world they will soon be back inside,
    unable to cope. It also makes for an easier life for all inside, staff
    and prisoners alike.

    Don't forget that mixed in with lifers and junkies are the bad drivers
    and fine dodgers, I should think it's quite a hostile and scary
    environment for the majority...

    Now having said that, they are in prison, so should they suffer further
    punishment? I think to further punish them inside is pointless and
    counter productive. The idea is rehabilitation, after all, is it not? (or
    do you want them re-entering society as dangerous as when they went in?)
    tigger, Nov 14, 2010
  16. Meat Plow

    tigger Guest

    Re: Taxpayer to buy 1,600 flat-screen TVs a year for prison inmatesin Scotland

    On Sat, 13 Nov 2010 22:00:02 +0000, Meat Plow Writted thus:

    > On Sat, 13 Nov 2010 19:43:58 +0000, Aardvark wrote:
    >
    >> On Sat, 13 Nov 2010 15:39:18 +0000, Meat Plow wrote:
    >>
    >>> <http://thescotsman.scotsman.com/news/Taxpayer-to-buy-1600-

    >> flatscreen.6624452.jp>
    >>>
    >>> Must be pretty damn nice to be a prisoner in Scotland.

    >> In the UK, or anywhere in Europe for that matter, the human dignity of
    >> prisoners isn't abused- no bright orange jumpsuits, no shackles.
    >> They're sent to prison *as* punishment, not *for* punishment.

    > If you are being incarcerated as punishment it is to punish you for your
    > crimes. So your as/for description doesn't make any sense.
    >
    >> Just the way it is, mate. I'd sooner have it this way.

    > I see. So a criminal kills your whole family. Gets his/her sentence
    > reduced to life in prison, no parole. And you give him a nice flat
    > screen to watch, decent clothing and treat him fairly with dignity? What
    > about the dignity and what was fair for your family? I usually regard
    > you as a reasonable person but you're not making sense.

    Try just 13 hours yourself in a locked room with only a bog and a psycho
    for company, see how easy it is. That is the average UK teatime lockup
    until morning.
    Aardvarks point is correct, prison is the punishment, IE loss of freedom,
    not dignity. We stopped hard labour and bread & water a while ago you
    know...
    tigger, Nov 14, 2010
  17. Re: Taxpayer to buy 1,600 flat-screen TVs a year for prison inmates in Scotland

    Meat Plow <> snip-skipped the salient
    references and bragged-released this partial inventory:

    > On Sat, 13 Nov 2010 19:30:30 +0000, Bucky Breeder wrote:
    >
    >> Oh yes you do, you big cry-baby!

    > Damn glad my titanium reinforced Alcotroll-Labs Irony Meter
    > is back from ISO certification.

    (Probably outsourced to prison labor, controllably content
    and productively industrious because they now have their
    big flat-screens to go home to... "at the taxpayers' expense"...)

    HTH.

    Bucky Breeder, Nov 14, 2010
  18. Re: Taxpayer to buy 1,600 flat-screen TVs a year for prison inmates in Scotland

    Whiskers <> via

    > On 2010-11-13, Bucky Breeder
    > <Breeder_Bucky.Breeder@That's.my.name_Don't.wear.it.out> wrote:
    >> Aardvark <> speculated thusly:

    >>> flatscreen.6624452.jp>

    >>> In the UK, or anywhere in Europe for that matter, the human dignity of
    >>> prisoners isn't abused- no bright orange jumpsuits, no shackles.
    >>> They're sent to prison *as* punishment, not *for* punishment.
    >>>
    >>> Just the way it is, mate. I'd sooner have it this way.

    >> Excellently articulated!
    >>
    >> Although, I'm not sure I agree with you totally. In the case
    >> of the televisions, I rather believe that it is a control
    >> strategy. In other words, most prisoners might have the
    >> perspective that they've lost everything anyway; therefore,
    >> why make any constructive effort?
    >>
    >> The easiest way, outside of mass-lobotomies and electric-shock
    >> collars, is to provide some perks that can be taken away for
    >> bad behavior ("behaviour", in UK prisons). To wit, ice cream,
    >> toilet paper, and conjugal visits.
    >>
    >> So, I believe it is one of those terribly obfuscated British
    >> agendas to make everyone hold their little fingers out at
    >> tea-time, so to speak.
    >>
    >> HTH.

    > There's a rehabilitation aspect too, and education.

    Isn't that what I said? (Pinkie-Extended 101)

    However, IMHO, there'd be no worse punishment that being
    put into solitary confinement on a waterboard with battery
    electrode clamps on your nipples and your nuts and forced
    to watch Martha Stewart re-runs for 30 days or so...

    Man, you could get a terrorist to tell you *anything* and
    never even leave a bruise for future evidence.

    HTH.

    --

    I AM Bucky Breeder, (*(^; and this free speech message
    was transmitted through the Draconian censorship blockades!

    http://news.cnet.com/8301-17852_3-20015629-71.html

    http://preview.tinyurl.com/katy-perry-bra-size

    http://tinyurl.com/katy-perry-bra-size

    Repent! The end is near! Or, smoke 'em if you got 'em...
    ah... ahh... and... *good* "luck" - if there's an apocalypse.
    Bucky Breeder, Nov 14, 2010
  19. Re: Taxpayer to buy 1,600 flat-screen TVs a year for prison inmates in Scotland

    Meat Plow <> via news:pan.2010.11.13.23.13.24
    @lmao.lol.lol:

    > On Sat, 13 Nov 2010 22:28:35 +0000, Whiskers wrote:

    >> [...]
    >>
    >>> I see. So a criminal kills your whole family. Gets his/her sentence
    >>> reduced to life in prison, no parole. And you give him a nice flat
    >>> screen to watch, decent clothing and treat him fairly with dignity?
    >>> What about the dignity and what was fair for your family? I usually
    >>> regard you as a reasonable person but you're not making sense.

    >> How does being cruel to prisoners have any effect on the results of
    >> murder?

    > Leave my post intact and I might give your some validity.

    .... speaking of "irony meters"...

    HTH (or NOT!)

    Bucky Breeder, Nov 14, 2010
  20. Re: Taxpayer to buy 1,600 flat-screen TVs a year for prison inmates in Scotland

    Meat Plow <>
    bemoaned the loss of his pen-pals:

    > <http://thescotsman.scotsman.com/news
    > /Taxpayer-to-buy-1600-flatscreen.6624452.jp>
    >
    > Must be pretty damn nice to be a prisoner in Scotland.

    Would you rather give them blow-up dolls, you dumbass?

    You can't give 'em pencils, or else they'd just be
    stabbing each other all the time and the medical
    expenses would go way up for all the taxpayers.

    Of course, cheap pistols would help thin-out the population...
    Hmmm... Tea Party Platform Conference on FauxNews coming up.

    HTH.

    Bucky Breeder, Nov 14, 2010