    Best Wishes
    Bruce
    ( Illegitimi non carborundum est )
    Bruce, Mar 6, 2005

  2. Bruce

    D@Z Guest

    whoa hold on there fella !!! I had a packard bell machine, and I got the red
    disc too(I had all the other recovery discs also) but I wanted to reformat
    and just put on an updated OS. Presuming you have a OS Disc to go
    with?....just create a start up cd or download a boot cd (search google) and
    set boot sequence to boot from floppy in bios, flashing bios can screw you
    machine if its not done properly...if you are putting on XP as your OS then
    set the boot sequence to boot from CD first, insert XP disc wait for boot
    from cd propmpt "press any key" pres any key and off you go...
    HTH

    D@Z, Mar 6, 2005

  3. Bruce

    Bruce Guest

    That's what I did but I keep getting USER.EXE error.

    Bruce

    Bruce, Mar 7, 2005