    portrait position).

    http://www.booba.netfirms.com/Pages/tasmania/tasmania_intro.htm

    Chris

    chris_real, Apr 23, 2005

  2. chris_real

    Alfred Molon Guest

    In article <>, chris_real says...
    > Canon 20D is the first digital camera which gave me full satisfaction
    > during my journey around Tasmania. Most of the pictures are around 50 –
    > 200MB and size on the paper around 1.5m x 0.5m. To achieve this
    > printable format one final pic is assembled from 10 to 30 pics (usually
    > portrait position).
    >
    > http://www.booba.netfirms.com/Pages/tasmania/tasmania_intro.htm

    First of all congratulations for the great work.

    This one is very nice:
    http://www.booba.netfirms.com/Pages/tasmania/tas_all/girl.htm

    but there is a visible transition in the top left. Easy to avoid that if
    you choose the layered output option and process the layers
    individually.

    There are visible transitions in the sky also here:
    http://www.booba.netfirms.com/Pages/tasmania/tas_all/arthur_river.htm

    and here:
    http://www.booba.netfirms.com/Pages/tasmania/tas_all/road_tas.htm

    That's a standard issue in panorama photography (sky and other parts of
    the panorama needing some post-processing).

    But the problem is that with a 30-layer image of 50-200MB per layer you
    need a computer with many GB of RAM and a fast processor to be able to
    handle it. And even then it is hell of a lot of work to get a perfect,
    seamless panorama. Which is why I now rarely assemble panoramas with
    more than four images.
    --

    Alfred Molon

    Alfred Molon, Apr 23, 2005

  3. chris_real

    Roger Guest

    On Sat, 23 Apr 2005 13:23:48 GMT, chris_real
    <> wrote:

    >Canon 20D is the first digital camera which gave me full satisfaction
    >during my journey around Tasmania. Most of the pictures are around 50 –
    >200MB and size on the paper around 1.5m x 0.5m. To achieve this
    >printable format one final pic is assembled from 10 to 30 pics (usually
    >portrait position).
    >
    >http://www.booba.netfirms.com/Pages/tasmania/tasmania_intro.htm

    Were you per chance there on a bike tour in February?

    (N833R, S# CD-2 Worlds oldest Debonair)
    www.rogerhalstead.com

    Roger, Apr 24, 2005
  4. "chris_real" <> wrote in message
    > Canon 20D is the first digital camera which gave me full satisfaction
    > during my journey around Tasmania. Most of the pictures are around 50 -
    > 200MB and size on the paper around 1.5m x 0.5m. To achieve this
    > printable format one final pic is assembled from 10 to 30 pics (usually
    > portrait position).
    >
    > http://www.booba.netfirms.com/Pages/tasmania/tasmania_intro.htm
    >

    > Chris
    > `

    Very interesting indeed. I am just a learner do I hope you don't mind if I
    ask some questions.

    What lens did you use?

    What printer do you use?

    How high a speced computer do you need to assemble the mosaic?

    David

    David Hare-Scott, Apr 24, 2005
  5. chris_real

    chris_real Guest

    Alfred,

    Thanks for your remarks.
    I overlooked some details but everything can be repaired.
    I process all the layers individually and it is quite time consuming job but
    fascinating..:)
    3.2 G processor can do the job quite fast. Two years ago it was different
    story.

    Regards,

    Chris

    chris_real, Apr 25, 2005
  6. chris_real

    chris_real Guest

    Unfortunately the time when I was a real tourist is a past.
    Its a shame but I use 4wd nowdays.

    Chris

    chris_real, Apr 25, 2005
  7. chris_real

    chris_real Guest

    David,

    I use use equipment and software as follows;

    software - PTGui

    Computer 2,4GHz or 3,2GHz, 1G-RAM

    Printer EPSON 890 with dye ink
    Printer EPSON 2100 with the pigment ink

    I attached to both printers CIS (continues ink supply) system otherwise
    printing would cost me a fortune.

    Chris

    chris_real, Apr 25, 2005