    XP.
    Can anyone help please?
    Thanking you

    sonsdad, Sep 17, 2004

  2. sonsdad

    Liz Guest

    "sonsdad" wrote
    > Hi Group
    >
    > I have changed the width of the taskbar in XP by mistake. In 98 it was just
    > a matter of dragging it back to size. It does not seem to work this way in
    > XP.

    Right-click on the taskbar to see if its locked, unlock it,
    then try to resize it.

    Liz, Sep 17, 2004

  3. sonsdad

    sonsdad Guest

    Hi Liz
    Thanks for that but it was not locked and I still have not been able reduce
    the width. Any more suggestions?

    sonsdad, Sep 17, 2004
  4. sonsdad

    Liz Guest

    Ok, here's a quick fix, right-click on the task bar
    go to Toolbars and uncheck Quick Launce and Desktop
    the taskbar should returns to normal size, and then
    you can re-enable Quick Launch.

    "sonsdad" wrote

    Liz, Sep 17, 2004
  5. sonsdad

    Liz Guest

    "sonsdad" wrote
    > Hi Liz
    > Thanks for that but it was not locked and I still have not been able reduce
    > the width. Any more suggestions?

    I played on the XP for a while, and this is what I found.
    After I intentionally screwing up my taskbar, I saw three pairs
    of dotted borders on my taskbar, see below

    Start || ||

    I couldn't change the width of the task bar when one of the
    3 border is at the bottom, after moving all 3 borders to the top,
    I was able to drag the task bar down to its original size.

    Hope this helps.

    Liz, Sep 17, 2004
  6. sonsdad

    sonsdad Guest

    Hi Liz

    Thanks for your help. Its now back to 'normal' and locked.
    Cheers

    sonsdad, Sep 18, 2004
  7. sonsdad

    Liz Guest