    like itunes, windows media player, etc.. I don't have any idea how
    this happened. (Honest!!) How do I revert to the previous taskbar?
    Thanks.

    Sam, Aug 24, 2007

  2. Sam wrote:

    > I used to be able to switch between active windows by clicking on an
    > icon for the window in my taskbar. Now I don't see the icons. For
    > some reason I see, instead, loads of quick start icons for programs
    > like itunes, windows media player, etc.. I don't have any idea how
    > this happened. (Honest!!) How do I revert to the previous taskbar?
    > Thanks.

    Presuming some sort of Windows operating system ... do you see a
    vertical bar to the right of the quick-start icons? Hover the mouse ..
    it changes to a two-headed arrow (left-right), click and drag it to the
    left.

    Aside: why do so many programs need to be on this quick-start bar?
    Don't the authors realize there is an operating system menu? It is kind
    of like a "Me first" attitude...

    --
    -bts

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Aug 24, 2007

  3. Sam

    Sam Guest

    This is WindowsXP Pro. There is no vertical bar to the right of the
    quick start icons. Just empty space until the right end area which
    includes some icons for actively running programs and the clock.

    Sam, Aug 24, 2007
  4. Sam wrote:

    > This is WindowsXP Pro. There is no vertical bar to the right of the
    > quick start icons.

    Maybe someone who uses XP will have an answer then. Try switching to
    Classic View and see what happens.

    > Just empty space until the right end area which includes some icons
    > for actively running programs and the clock.

    ...which is normally called the "Systray". (System Tray)

    --
    -bts

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Aug 24, 2007
  5. Sam

    Paul B Guest

    On Fri, 24 Aug 2007 09:20:36 -0400, Sam wrote:

    > I used to be able to switch between active windows by clicking on an
    > icon for the window in my taskbar. Now I don't see the icons. For
    > some reason I see, instead, loads of quick start icons for programs
    > like itunes, windows media player, etc.. I don't have any idea how
    > this happened. (Honest!!) How do I revert to the previous taskbar?
    > Thanks.

    press the Start button and see if a toolbar manifests somewhere
    on the desktop. multiple monitors?

    p.

    Paul B, Aug 24, 2007
  6. Sam

    Top Guest

    Sam wrote:

    > On Fri, 24 Aug 2007 14:02:56 GMT, "Beauregard T. Shagnasty"
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >>Sam wrote:
    >>
    >>> I used to be able to switch between active windows by clicking on an
    >>> icon for the window in my taskbar. Now I don't see the icons. For
    >>> some reason I see, instead, loads of quick start icons for programs
    >>> like itunes, windows media player, etc.. I don't have any idea how
    >>> this happened. (Honest!!) How do I revert to the previous taskbar?
    >>> Thanks.

    >>Presuming some sort of Windows operating system ... do you see a
    >>vertical bar to the right of the quick-start icons? Hover the mouse ..
    >>it changes to a two-headed arrow (left-right), click and drag it to the
    >>left.
    >>
    >>Aside: why do so many programs need to be on this quick-start bar?
    >>Don't the authors realize there is an operating system menu? It is kind
    >>of like a "Me first" attitude...

    > This is WindowsXP Pro. There is no vertical bar to the right of the
    > quick start icons. Just empty space until the right end area which
    > includes some icons for actively running programs and the clock.

    Put your cursor in the open space and right click. Uncheck the "Lock the
    taskbar". Then you should be able to see the verticle bar. Let us know
    how that works for you. Enjoy.

    Top

    Top, Aug 25, 2007