    see the entire Taskbar, by default.

    Thanks in advance
    , Nov 6, 2005

  2. Toolman Tim Guest

    wrote:
    > With the subject system, how do I add a shortcut to the Taskbar ???
    >
    > Also, how do I get rid of the patial collapsing of the Taskbar ? It
    > now has a pair of v's which are turned on their sides and which expand
    > the Taskbar temporarily so you can see all that is in it. I want to
    > see the entire Taskbar, by default.
    >
    > Thanks in advance

    Do you mean the system tray? With the clock in it?

    You can get add-on software to put tasks in the system tray. I don't
    recommend it. If the programmer who wrote the software wanted something in
    the system tray, he would have put one there.

    The nice new "hiding inactive icons" function can be disabled by
    right-clicking on the taskbar. Select properties. At the bottom of the
    dialog box is a checkbox for "Hide inactive icons".

    like an idiot.
    Toolman Tim, Nov 6, 2005

  3. Duane Arnold Guest

    wrote in news::

    > With the subject system, how do I add a shortcut to the Taskbar ???

    You drag a short-cut to the Task Bar and you drop it on the bar in the
    area of the Start Button. If you don't want a short-cut on the Task Bar,
    you drag it back to the desktop and drop it. If you hold the Shit-key
    while dragging, it will leave a copy of the short-cut on the desktop and
    allow the other copy to be dragged and dropped on the Task Bar.

    > Also, how do I get rid of the patial collapsing of the Taskbar ? It
    > now has a pair of v's which are turned on their sides and which expand
    > the Taskbar temporarily so you can see all that is in it. I want to
    > see the entire Taskbar, by default.

    The V is there and if you start dragging the V on the right past the last
    short-cut icon showing, it will hold that position and will not move. Of
    course, you cannot but a whole boat load of short-cuts down there and
    expect to see them all at once.

    Duane :)
    Duane Arnold, Nov 6, 2005
  4. Guest

    I want to thank you very much for your help even though I called the
    system tray the Taskbar. Everythijg works fine now. Thanks again.

  5. Toolman Tim Guest

    You betcha :)

    Toolman Tim, Nov 6, 2005