    latest tweak for xp from the microsoft powertoys, and I have it
    checked so that programs cant steel focus and the taskbar flashes
    twice, but this does not seem to help as the taskbar flashes non-stop.
    Piccolo, Jul 29, 2003

  2. Piccolo

    Brian H¹© Guest

    Piccolo said:

    > Normally, the taskbar flashes when a program wants atention. The
    > problem is that it does this when one program wants attention while I
    > am in another. I have the taskbar set to hide, so when I have my other
    > program open at full screen, if the taskbar is up, it does not show
    > all of the program. The problem is that the taskbar keeps popping up
    > beacause a program (yahoo chat right now) wants attention constantly
    > because people are chatting. This makes it impossible to do things in
    > some of my programs that require me to see the full screen. Is there
    > a way to limit or stop this flashing like this. I installed the
    > latest tweak for xp from the microsoft powertoys, and I have it
    > checked so that programs cant steel focus and the taskbar flashes
    > twice, but this does not seem to help as the taskbar flashes non-stop.

    Links to x-teq on my software page, can't remember if this tweak is part of the
    default setup, but you might like to run the update for the latest stuff anyway.

    --
    www.absey-vine.co.uk/
    Brian H¹©, Jul 29, 2003

  3. Piccolo

    Unk Guest

    Run TweakUI, "General" tab, check the box, "Prevent applications from
    stealing focus", uncheck "Flash taskbar button until I click on it",
    "Apply", "OK"

    Tweakui Version 1.33.0.0
    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsme/guide/tweakui.exe
    http://download.microsoft.com/download/winme/Install/1.0/WinMe/EN-US/Tweakui.exe
    http://www.microsoft.com/ntworkstation/downloads/PowerToys/Networking/
    http://www.microsoft.com/ntworkstation/downloads/PowerToys/Networking/NTTweakUI.asp
    http://msie.conactive.com/files/powertoys/tweakui.zip

    Unk

    Unk, Jul 29, 2003
  4. Piccolo

    Unk Guest

    Read my reply again...
    Tweakui Version 1.33.0.0, NOT TweakUI for XP

    Unk, Jul 29, 2003
  5. Piccolo

    Piccolo Guest

    Oh, sorry, I did not catch that part. Ill check it out as soon as I
    get back from out of town.

    Piccolo, Jul 30, 2003
  6. Piccolo

    Piccolo Guest

    Thank you, xyeq x-setupseems to have fixed it

    Piccolo, Aug 7, 2003