    and open it, or press alt tab, I have Windows XP, can someone ttell
    me what to do about this?

    thanks
    Evan, Nov 27, 2005

  2. Evan

    Old Gringo Guest

    On or about Sunday, November 27, 2005, 2:24:33 PM,, In the
    24hoursupport.helpdesk News Group, Without Any Hesitation Evan Wrote
    The Following:

    > My taskbar suddenly stopped showing the windows i have open and
    > minimized, for example i have to press ctrl+alt+delete to get to them
    > and open it, or press alt tab, I have Windows XP, can someone ttell
    > me what to do about this?
    >
    > thanks

    I am using Win98se and use the auto hide feature and just move the
    mouse arrow down against the bottom of the screen to get the task bar
    to pop up. ??
    --
    Old Gringo
    The Future Is Not What It Use To Be
    Old Gringo, Nov 27, 2005

  3. Evan

    Evan Guest

    Re: taskbar can someone help?

    well i mean i can see the actual taskbar all the time its just that it
    will not show any of the windows i have open on it
    Evan, Nov 27, 2005
  4. Evan

    Toolman Tim Guest

    Re: taskbar can someone help?

    In news:,
    Evan spewed forth:
    > well i mean i can see the actual taskbar all the time its just that it
    > will not show any of the windows i have open on it

    Please leave the message thread in your reply.

    --
    Some people are like Slinkies. Not really good for anything, but you
    still can't help but smile when you see one tumble down the stairs.
    Toolman Tim, Nov 27, 2005
  5. Evan

    Toolman Tim Guest

    In news:,
    Evan spewed forth:
    > My taskbar suddenly stopped showing the windows i have open and
    > minimized, for example i have to press ctrl+alt+delete to get to them
    > and open it, or press alt tab, I have Windows XP, can someone ttell
    > me what to do about this?
    >
    > thanks

    What happens after you reboot? Does it work correctly? Does it not work?
    Does it work for awhile then quit? Please describe everything you've tried.

    Toolman Tim, Nov 27, 2005
  6. Evan

    Guest Guest

    "Evan" <> wrote in message
    > My taskbar suddenly stopped showing the windows i have open and
    > minimized, for example i have to press ctrl+alt+delete to get to them
    > and open it, or press alt tab, I have Windows XP, can someone ttell
    > me what to do about this?
    >
    > thanks

    The buttons in the taskbar for the applications will appear whether you have
    the application normal sized, maximized, or minimized. Perhaps your
    particular unnamed applications have an option to minimize to an incon in
    the system notification area (aka tray area), and their icons are currently
    hidden because you have the tray area configured to not show inactive icons.
    Click the chevron on the left side of the tray area to show hidden icons.

    Are you using any virtual desktop utility? Could be you have the
    applications open (or minimized) in one virtual desktop but are currently in
    another virtual desktop. Some virtual desktop managers permit showing
    separate taskbars for each virtual desktop or optionally showing the apps in
    the taskbar under every virtual desktop.
    Guest, Nov 27, 2005
  7. Evan

    Evan Guest

    Re: taskbar can someone help?

    In news:...
    Vanguard said

    >The buttons in the taskbar for the applications will appear whether you have
    >the application normal sized, maximized, or minimized. Perhaps your
    >particular unnamed applications have an option to minimize to an incon in
    >the system notification area (aka tray area), and their icons are currently
    >hidden because you have the tray area configured to not show inactive icons.
    >Click the chevron on the left side of the tray area to show hidden icons.

    >Are you using any virtual desktop utility? Could be you have the
    >applications open (or minimized) in one virtual desktop but are currently in
    >another virtual desktop. Some virtual desktop managers permit showing
    >separate taskbars for each virtual desktop or optionally showing the apps in
    >the taskbar under every virtual desktop.

    Yeah i'm not really ure what u meant by showing a thread, but i tried,
    uh

    I dont ave a Virtual desktop,no and It started this morning and i
    restarted the computer and they showed up again, but then they stopped
    showing....
    So i restarted again and It still didnt work. It might have something
    to do with spyware but i just cleaned it off of my computer
    Evan, Nov 27, 2005
  8. Evan

    Ben Myers Guest

    Sounds like the "FriendsGreetings" worm. See if this is helpful.

    http://www.trendmicro.com/vinfo/virusencyclo/default5.asp?VName=WORM_FRIENDGRT.A

    Ben

    Ben Myers, Nov 27, 2005
  9. Evan

    Evan Guest

    Re: taskbar can someone help?

    In the above message.. "ben" said

    >Sounds like the "FriendsGreetings" worm. See if this is helpful.

    >Ben

    Ok, thanks ben I'm running that now, hey can yu upload pictures to this
    site
    Evan, Nov 27, 2005
  10. Evan

    Ben Myers Guest

    Re: taskbar can someone help?

    You probably should use something like news:alt.binaries.pictures with a unique
    title, then just post here with a reference to it.

    Ben

    Ben Myers, Nov 27, 2005
  11. Evan

    Evan Guest

    Re: taskbar can someone help?

    nvm thanks guys i got it it was at this place called Kelly's Korner
    Evan, Nov 28, 2005