    Each taskbar button for IE is prefixed with the text 'http://www.' which
    takes up most of the button's width so they all look like the same site. Is
    it possible to remove this prefix? I have grouping turned off.

    Martik, May 24, 2004

  2. Martik

    Toolman Tim Guest

    "Martik" <martik@_nospam_telus.net> wrote in message
    news:1Hcsc.5526$J02.306@edtnps84...
    > Each taskbar button for IE is prefixed with the text 'http://www.' which
    > takes up most of the button's width so they all look like the same site.

    Is
    > it possible to remove this prefix? I have grouping turned off.

    You could "hover" your mouse over the buttons one at a time until the tip
    pops up telling you the whole thing...

    I don't have that problem (IE6 buttons tell me what site it is for...someone
    may have a solution. I know you are using Windows XP, because of the
    grouping reference, but what version of IE are you running? Maybe you should
    check for all the updates?

    Toolman Tim, May 24, 2004