    the start menu, and does the icons alongside the TS in the tool bar take up
    much memory, 'sound-AVG.-firewall-etc? I only have 128k of memory and most
    of it is used by goodness knows what?

    AK, Nov 3, 2003

  2. AK

    olfart Guest

    "AK" <> wrote in message
    news:tpspb.656$...
    > I never use the task scheduler, therefor would it be OK to remove it from
    > the start menu, and does the icons alongside the TS in the tool bar take

    up
    > much memory, 'sound-AVG.-firewall-etc? I only have 128k of memory and

    most
    > of it is used by goodness knows what?

    Yes - but you will have to open Task Sceduler - go to advanced and click
    "stop using task sceduler" or it will come back the next time you boot

    olfart, Nov 3, 2003

  3. AK

    AK Guest

    Thanks, I've been bugged by this for quite a while.
    =======

    AK, Nov 3, 2003
  4. AK

    Harrison Guest

    The task scheduler may be employed by antivirus software to obtain
    auto updates, but otherwise it's safe to remove from the start up
    group.
    Some of the others use memory, but the volume control doesn't.
    Play around with them and see if you miss them.

    Harrison, Nov 3, 2003