Task Scheduler problem

Discussion in 'Software' started by akashmonu, Aug 14, 2008.

  1. akashmonu

    akashmonu

    Joined:
    Aug 14, 2008
    Messages:
    1
    I am creating task scheduler, in which i have one window service which is reading the database at 12:00AM every day and storing the data in memory because client don't want window service continuously ping the database because of performance issue . It checking its the memory data in every 5 minute and running the task according to their daily, weekly and monthly basis.

    I want to give UI(Web application) to my client by which he is able to update the existing task and add new tasks.

    Now i am facing the problem that : When the user update the task from the UI (Web application), i want to send a message to window service to read the updated data from database.

    But i am not understanding, how can i send message to my window service to read the data from database because it contain steal data after the user update the data and it will read new data only at 12:00Am.

    In read about servicecontroller class but it give me access to start and stop the service not to update the service data(means boolean variable)

    Please suggest me how can i update window service variable from my web application.

    Please send me some code for help or suggest me some link to solve this problem

    Thanks in advance.

    Akash

    akashmonu, Aug 14, 2008