    running. Has anyone else run across this issue? I just opened it again and
    now there are ~600 of them. I understand tasks need to be scheduled, but
    this is getting crazy. PLEASE HELP!!!
    Michael, Nov 12, 2008

  2. Michael

    John Barnes Guest

    Maybe you can explain what you are calling Tash Scheduler Engines. Where on
    task manager are you getting your figures.

    John Barnes, Nov 13, 2008

  3. Michael

    Michael Guest

    Basically, in the Task Manager, there are lots of entries taskeng.exe (Task
    Scheduler Engine). It seems when I hit about 1000 of them running, the
    system blue screens. I have no idea what the Task Scheduler Engine is doing,
    but I need to get this fixed. I can tell by the title it probably has
    something to do with running tasks, but how do I find out which one is
    calling it? I have placed a link for you to see what it looks like after a
    restart (had BSOD when I returned). When I get another long list of them, I
    will post it.

    http://www.dreisbaugh.com/images/TaskManager.jpg

    Michael

    Michael, Nov 14, 2008
  4. Michael

    Michael Guest

    Michael, Nov 14, 2008
  5. Michael

    Michael Guest

    Michael, Nov 14, 2008
  6. Here is a discussion that may prove valuable:

    http://forums.microsoft.com/TechNet/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=723232&SiteID=17

    and

    http://www.file.net/process/taskeng.exe.html

    Tony. . .

    Tony Sperling, Nov 14, 2008
  7. Ahh - and a slightly different one:

    http://forums.microsoft.com/TechNet/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=3087879&SiteID=17

    Tony. . .

    Tony Sperling, Nov 14, 2008
  8. Michael

    Michael Guest

    THANK YOU!!!! This post and the one just a little bit down solved the
    issues. I now have a normal computer again. It is amazing how those sites
    never came up in my search on Microsoft and/or Google. Again, the
    forums/communities save the day.

    Michael

    Michael, Nov 15, 2008
  9. My pleasure, Michael - but it could be a benefit for the group if you would
    point us to what it was in those links that cracked it for you.

    No need to duplicate what is in there, just a one-liner for guidance since
    apparently you are not the only one!

    Tony. . .
    Tony Sperling, Nov 16, 2008
  10. Michael

    John Barnes Guest

    Hope you don't mind I copied your post to a Vista group post with the same
    problem. You get the credit though. Thanks

    John Barnes, Nov 16, 2008
  11. No minding, glad to hear it - making life that little bit less of a pain is
    the prime objective, isn't it?

    Tony. . .

    Tony Sperling, Nov 16, 2008