    35.

    Is this enough info for some one to tell me what is causing such a
    high % ??

    jim fisher, Jul 4, 2007

  2. jim fisher <> wrote in
    news::

    > Task Manager is showing 100% cpu and no applicatiojs. I am using XP
    > PRO, Dell Dimension 8200, 2 ghz board, 1 gig memory. This is something
    > new as it used to show 10 or so %. it showsprocesses as task manager
    > 22, avp.exe 04, explorer.exe 22, csrss.exe 13, SBCSSvx.exe 04, System
    > 35.
    >
    > Is this enough info for some one to tell me what is causing such a
    > high % ??

    Click the processes tab and see what that says. I use XP, and that
    view has 2 1/2 screens [scrolling downward] of processes.

    --

    http://tinyurl.com/35r7xx

    If: Your girlfriend's hairdo was once ruined by a ceiling fan,
    or you think a woman who is "out of your league" bowls on a
    different night of the week, or you've been married 3 times
    and still have the same in-laws,

    then, you *might* be bona-fide trailer trash!

    Bucky Breeder, Jul 4, 2007

  3. jim fisher

    ToyalP2 Guest

    On Wed, 04 Jul 2007 02:31:13 GMT, jim fisher <>
    wrote:

    >Task Manager is showing 100% cpu and no applicatiojs. I am using XP
    >PRO, Dell Dimension 8200, 2 ghz board, 1 gig memory. This is something
    >new as it used to show 10 or so %. it showsprocesses as task manager
    >22, avp.exe 04, explorer.exe 22, csrss.exe 13, SBCSSvx.exe 04, System
    >35.
    >
    >Is this enough info for some one to tell me what is causing such a
    >high % ??

    Replace Task Manager with Process Explorer.
    Download it from www.sysinternals.com unzip it to a folder then execute
    procexp.exe. Once open click on Options and check Replace Task Manager.
    Process Explorer gives you tons of info and let's you do a lot more to a
    process than just delete it or stop it.
    From then on when you do Crtl+Alt+del Process Explorer will open instead
    of Task Manager.

    Have fun.

    ToyalP2, Jul 4, 2007
  4. jim fisher

    Plato Guest

    jim fisher wrote:

    > Task Manager is showing 100% cpu and no applicatiojs. I am using XP
    > PRO, Dell Dimension 8200, 2 ghz board, 1 gig memory. This is something
    > new as it used to show 10 or so %. it showsprocesses as task manager
    > 22, avp.exe 04, explorer.exe 22, csrss.exe 13, SBCSSvx.exe 04, System
    > 35.

    Sounds like you have a virus or trojan at work 24/7.

    --
    http://www.bootdisk.com/

    Plato, Jul 4, 2007
  5. jim fisher

    ded Guest

    "jim fisher" <> wrote in message
    > Task Manager is showing 100% cpu and no applicatiojs. I am using XP
    > PRO, Dell Dimension 8200, 2 ghz board, 1 gig memory. This is something
    > new as it used to show 10 or so %. it showsprocesses as task manager
    > 22, avp.exe 04, explorer.exe 22, csrss.exe 13, SBCSSvx.exe 04, System
    > 35.
    >
    > Is this enough info for some one to tell me what is causing such a
    > high % ??

    If you type "csrss.exe" into google, the results will include MS knowledge
    base articles, previous posts, and many articles.
    Your problem could be caused by a corrupt user profile.
    But also it could be the ahem virus, web bus trojan, or user settings....
    You have a lot of reading to do...

    Some examples from the search:
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555021
    http://www.joryanick.com/fixingCSRSS.htm
    http://www.pcreview.co.uk/startup/csrss.exe.php

    ded, Jul 4, 2007
  6. jim fisher

    Mr. Arnold Guest

    "jim fisher" <> wrote in message
    > Task Manager is showing 100% cpu and no applicatiojs. I am using XP
    > PRO, Dell Dimension 8200, 2 ghz board, 1 gig memory. This is something
    > new as it used to show 10 or so %. it showsprocesses as task manager
    > 22, avp.exe 04, explorer.exe 22, csrss.exe 13, SBCSSvx.exe 04, System
    > 35.
    >
    > Is this enough info for some one to tell me what is causing such a
    > high % ??

    Use Process Explorer and go look at what's running. You can see all the
    DLL's or other processes that are being hosted by a running process. You can
    also Right-Click a running process and get more information too. You can do
    that in the lower pane too, right-click.

    http://www.softpedia.com/get/System/System-Info/Process-Explorer.shtml
    http://www.microsoft.com/technet/sysinternals/default.mspx

    Other tools are being talked about in the link.

    http://preview.tinyurl.com/klw1

    Mr. Arnold, Jul 4, 2007