    out by using the system tray symbol. I am running
    Windows XP. There was also a Mcafee update that same day. Any idea
    how to get the old Task Manager back?
    Linda, Apr 16, 2005

  2. Linda wrote:
    > Since Windows Update on Tuesday, my Task Manager has changed. It has
    > lost the bar at the top where you close it and no longer has the tabs
    > that show processes,applications,performance,etc. I have to close it
    > out by using the system tray symbol. I am running
    > Windows XP. There was also a Mcafee update that same day. Any idea
    > how to get the old Task Manager back?

    Double click on the gray area surrounding it. Such as next to the End
    Process button.
    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, Apr 16, 2005

  3. Linda

    °Mike° Guest

    Double click on the border, and it will bring back the tabs.

    In <>,
    Linda took 7 lines to utter:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance
    °Mike°, Apr 16, 2005
  4. Linda

    JANA Guest

    On the frame just at the title text, not in the tabs or the column labels,
    do a double left-mouse click. This should get it back to normal if you do
    this right, and the task manager program is working correctly. This will
    work on most of the main areas where there is no text or information.

    --

    JANA
    _____

    JANA, Apr 16, 2005
  5. Linda

    Linda Guest

    Thanks all for great answers. Task Manager is back to normal!
    Linda, Apr 16, 2005
  6. Linda

    Jack Hacker

    Joined:
    Oct 8, 2011
    Messages:
    2
    Get Old Task Manager Format Back

    Open Task Manager. Click on the gray area at the right and drag to expand the Task Manager window to a larger size. Voila.
    Jack Hacker, Oct 8, 2011
  7. Linda

    Jack Hacker

    Joined:
    Oct 8, 2011
    Messages:
    2
    Here's the fix

    Click on the right border of Task Manager and drag the border to the right to expand the Task Manager window. Voila. :congrats:
    Jack Hacker, Oct 8, 2011
  8. Linda

    nickfrost

    Joined:
    Oct 31, 2011
    Messages:
    1
    Click on the gray area at the right and drag to expand the Task Manager window to a larger size..
    nickfrost, Oct 31, 2011
  9. Linda

    nimd4

    Joined:
    Apr 10, 2009
    Messages:
    20
    Location:
    Belgrade, Serbia
    Nope, it's already been answered and it's the double-click. Btw., Process Explorer can replace it now; for those that need it (Options menu, Replace Task Manager :)):

    [​IMG]
    nimd4, Nov 17, 2011