  1. I lost the icon for safe eject of USB plug ins. I use it for flash drives and
    digital camera safe eject. How do I get the icon back?
    Len
    =?Utf-8?B?TEVO?=, Feb 26, 2007

  2. What happens if you plug something in and access the thing - and then simply
    remove it, logically the system should react in some way?

    Also, are you having any fresh errors/warnings in 'Event Viewer'?

    Tony. . .

    Tony Sperling, Feb 26, 2007

  3. Computer recognizes new USB device and is listed in My Computer. Eject
    command does not work. Icon on tray does not appear. Removing just sounds
    alert. No warning are shown.

    =?Utf-8?B?TEVO?=, Feb 26, 2007
  4. I'm sorry, I just had my new BroadBand TV connection delivered and I've been
    busy boring holes in walls and stuff, and then wireing it all up with my
    existing router. Not difficult, but time consuming. I don't really know at
    the moment what to say about this - do you have any inclin as to what you
    were doing at the time when this started? It looks trivial enough, I don't
    want to complicate things by making wild guesses. A good night's sleep may
    clear the mind?

    Tony. . .

    Tony Sperling, Feb 27, 2007
  5. A good night's sleep did result in one idea - a long shot, surely - but you
    could try and disable USB support in the BIOS, disconnect any USB devices
    that you do not need for booting. Then Boot normally to Windows. At a
    convenient time, exit by a cold-boot (shut down the system and let it
    discharge for a couple of minutes).

    Now, go back and enable the USB support in the BIOS, put all your USB
    devices back in - each one in a different connector from what it used to
    be - and see if that didn't change anything?

    If not, I would re-install the motherboard drivers from the System CD that
    came with your machine.

    Tony. . .

    Tony Sperling, Feb 27, 2007
  6. Tony,
    Thanks for the advice. I was considering trying it and lo and behold the
    icon reappeared before I did anything. I have not idea what happens or what
    I was doing. I disconnected a portable hard drive I use for backup and then
    reattached it. In the meantime I was using the IBM safe disconnet program
    that came with the Lenovo laptop.
    Len

    =?Utf-8?B?TEVO?=, Mar 5, 2007
  7. Well, I did think it sounded a bit strange - just one of the hickups, then!

    Let's hope it behaves now.

    Tony. . .

    Tony Sperling, Mar 6, 2007