    All help is appreciated
    Cheers
    Mike the Kiwi

    Hammerstein, Apr 2, 2004

  2. Hammerstein

    Thor Guest

    right-click the toolbars, or the taskbar and choose "lock the taskbar" or
    "lock toolbars" as the case may be. Keep in mind that you can only lock the
    taskbar if you use WinXP. You can lock the IE toolbars in IE6 for whatever
    version of windows.

    "Hammerstein" <> wrote in message
    > It seems the taskbar on my computer has a mind of it's own. Often I change

    the position of various icons on the taskbar to suit me
    > better, but whenever I close or restart this computer they have changed

    back to whatever position they were in before I moved
    > them. What's up with this?? There must be some way to lock them into the

    position I want them without them moving on me.

    > A similar problem I have is with IE, in that whatever toobars I have open

    at the top of IE, they seem to revert (opening some and
    > closing others) back to what they were originally with restarts etc.
    >
    > It basically just means I have to keep manually changing the arrangement

    of things every time I use the computer, a right piss

    Thor, Apr 2, 2004

  3. Hammerstein

    Hammerstein Guest

    thanks Thor, but I have been doing that and it has been making zero difference.

    Hammerstein, Apr 2, 2004
  4. Hammerstein

    Hammerstein Guest

    Task bar etc changing - The problem remains

    There must be some registry tweak or program that I need to lock the taskbar icons in place so they don't keep shifting on me
    every time I restart. Also I like to have the bottom taskbar two levels high and this also keeps changing back to single level.

    Hope someone can help with this

    Cheers
    MtK

    Hammerstein, Apr 3, 2004
  5. Hammerstein

    Thor Guest

    Re: Task bar etc changing - The problem remains

    > There must be some registry tweak or program that I need to lock the

    taskbar icons in place so they don't keep shifting on me
    > every time I restart. Also I like to have the bottom taskbar two levels

    high and this also keeps changing back to single level.

    Well, I do remember that if you have the "lock taskbar" option set, it will
    always return to a single-height taskbar. Set it to "unlock" and then set
    the height and it should stay through a reboot. The "lock" setting is merely
    supposed to prevent individual toolbars from moving around on the taskbar. I
    don't have an answer for why the icons keep shifting around. There is no
    registry setting I am aware of that will target this particular behavior.

    Thor, Apr 3, 2004
  6. Re: Task bar etc changing - The problem remains

    The only way to change the bottom toolbar height is to have it unlocked to begin with.

    Mike the Kiwi, Apr 3, 2004
  7. Hammerstein

    "Mike the Kiwi" <> wrote in message
    > The only way to change the bottom toolbar height is to have it unlocked to

    begin with.

    True, but it can be locked afterwards, and will remain at it's set height
    UNTIL you reboot. Easy to see how some people would be fooled by this.
    Thinking the lock setting should keep it set at the selected height, when in
    fact it is the very thing preventing it from staying that way.

    Thor, Apr 4, 2004
  8. Re: Task bar etc changing - The problem remains

    Neither having the bottom Toolbar Locked or Unlocked makes a shred of difference, both methods fail to keep it two levels high
    thru a reboot. :eek:|
    Something else must be the problem.
    Anyone have any ideas?

    Cheers