    definitly do without a comic book but wondered why 2 different types of
    pkging.
    Thx in advance

    Bratboy, Mar 30, 2006

  2. Bratboy

    Richard C. Guest

    "Bratboy" <> wrote in message
    news:442bec65$0$52053$...
    > I'd ordered my copy online and recieved it yesterday, typical 2 dvd case
    > with a slip cover. However when I was in Target I notice they offer single
    > disc and Special edition but their SE is in a small box. Is there any
    > differences from the 2 SE's other than target has a lil comic book under
    > thew shrinkwarp which covers any content info on the actual box. I can
    > definitly do without a comic book but wondered why 2 different types of
    > pkging.
    > Thx in advance

    =============================
    Actually, at least three.............
    Sam's Club has an exclusive version also - with a book.

    Richard C., Mar 30, 2006

  3. Bratboy

    JMK Guest

    The SE I got yesterday at Target was in a slipcover with the comic book
    on top of the slipcover. That's the only SE version I saw yesterday
    there.

    http://jeffreykauffman.net/

    JMK, Mar 30, 2006
  4. JMK wrote:
    > The SE I got yesterday at Target was in a slipcover with the comic book
    > on top of the slipcover. That's the only SE version I saw yesterday
    > there.

    That's...pretty much par for Target "exclusive" SE's--
    They're big enough to comission new slipcovers for sales packaging, but
    they can't comission inside-disk content (like Wal-mart commissioning
    bare-bones editions so they can put bonus shorts/featurettes on their
    "exclusive bonus disks").

    And that's assuming you don't just throw the slipcover away anyway...

    Derek Janssen

    Derek Janssen, Mar 30, 2006
  5. Bratboy

    Bratboy Guest

    "Derek Janssen" <> wrote in message
    > JMK wrote:
    >> The SE I got yesterday at Target was in a slipcover with the comic book
    >> on top of the slipcover. That's the only SE version I saw yesterday
    >> there.

    > That's...pretty much par for Target "exclusive" SE's--
    > They're big enough to comission new slipcovers for sales packaging, but
    > they can't comission inside-disk content (like Wal-mart commissioning
    > bare-bones editions so they can put bonus shorts/featurettes on their
    > "exclusive bonus disks").
    >
    > And that's assuming you don't just throw the slipcover away anyway...
    >
    > Derek Janssen

    They were out of the Box version when I went by today so was no way to
    verify what if anything besides the DVD was in the Box. Like I said tho it
    was an actual box just slightly larger than the slipcased DVD's and about an
    1 1/2" deep (LotR extended case size basically.)

    Bratboy, Mar 30, 2006
  6. Bratboy

    Jay G. Guest

    On Thu, 30 Mar 2006 12:59:23 -0500, Derek Janssen wrote:

    > JMK wrote:
    >> The SE I got yesterday at Target was in a slipcover with the comic book
    >> on top of the slipcover. That's the only SE version I saw yesterday
    >> there.

    > That's...pretty much par for Target "exclusive" SE's--
    > They're big enough to comission new slipcovers for sales packaging, but
    > they can't comission inside-disk content (like Wal-mart commissioning
    > bare-bones editions so they can put bonus shorts/featurettes on their
    > "exclusive bonus disks").

    Not true. Target had exclusive bonus discs for the 4th Season of ER and
    for Desperate Housewives.

    -Jay

    Jay G., Mar 31, 2006