    For 34.95 in the Dallas Fort Worth area anyway. Good deal and think these
    can be made into all region with some properly entered hacks via remote
    control.

    Jim Hollis, Nov 30, 2003

  2. Jim Hollis

    Pug Fugley Guest

    Are these better than the $29 Apex players at Walmart though?

    Pug Fugley, Nov 30, 2003

  3. Jim Hollis

    AquaFlare Guest

    Does anybody know how to turn off the MacroVision and make it
    multi-region on this unit. I try to look everywhere and found no luck
    in it. I've tried to do the same procedure as the other models, 302,
    300, 400, and couldn't get it to work. Need help!! thanks

    AquaFlare, Dec 2, 2003
  4. Weren't those $29 Apex players a 4 hour only sale item? I saw on the news
    some big fight between two women trying to get the jump on that sale.

    Ratmaster2000, Dec 2, 2003
  5. Jim Hollis

    Jeeters Guest

    The Apex players are $48 at my local Walmart.

    I almost bought one of the Cyberhome players the other day for my bedroom TV
    and still might. Looks like a decent little player. Metal casing.

    Jeeters, Dec 2, 2003
  6. >The Apex players are $48 at my local Walmart.

    There was a different Apex model available in the "Blitz" sale the day after
    Thanksgiving; I've also seen it for <> $30 on Amazon.com and a few B&M stores,
    so the fights that occurred at Wal-Mart over the item seem kinda pitiful.

    >I almost bought one of the Cyberhome players the other day for my bedroom TV
    >and still might. Looks like a decent little player. Metal casing.

    I picked up a CyberHome CH-DVD 300 from WM, and it's got a few nice features,
    and a couple bad ones. The small footprint of the case is great, there are
    easily-found region-free codes, and it does PAL-NTSC conversion out of the box.
    (Doesn't seem to handle anamorphic PAL to NTSC very well, though.) Start-up
    time is quicker than a lot of the other bargain players, and the remote is more
    responsive than other bargain players.

    Bad points: audio glitches on start-up, dunno if this is a model-wide problem
    or unique to my unit, but the audio will drop out sporadically for a few
    seconds at the start of each layer. (And, yes, this is different than the
    standard layer-change pause.) No arrow-style navigation buttons on the panel;
    to maneuver through menus, you have to use the remote.

    Robert Morgan, Dec 3, 2003