    on at Walgreens or Target?

    The best price I've seen on matte paper is Sams club... .20 each. Any
    local retailers that print on glossy for cheap?

    joe_reed, Jan 12, 2004

  2. Costco prints on glossy or matte for .19 each no minimum. Prints from CD,
    or other memory media. 8x10 inch prints are $1.99

    CaptainKrunch

    CaptainKrunch, Jan 12, 2004

  3. "joe_reed" <> wrote in message
    > I stopped at Walgreens tonight and asked the guy, who worked in the
    > photo lab, if their .29 4x6 photos (.20 each for orders over 50) print
    > out on their machine (I believe it was a Kodak) on glossy or matte. He
    > said... "I don't know .... I think glossy."
    >
    > I'd expect this answer from somebody who DIDN'T work in the photo lab
    > but damn. Does anyone here know which paper digital photos print out
    > on at Walgreens or Target?
    >
    > The best price I've seen on matte paper is Sams club... .20 each. Any
    > local retailers that print on glossy for cheap?

    My Wal-Mart (Canada) can do glossy or matte, with or without a border.
    You specify when you order prints, just like regular 35mm film.

    Steven C \(Doktersteve\), Jan 12, 2004
  4. joe_reed

    mark herring Guest

    Below

    --
    ******************
    Mark Herring

    *
    "joe_reed" <> wrote in message
    > I stopped at Walgreens tonight and asked the guy, who worked in the
    > photo lab, if their .29 4x6 photos (.20 each for orders over 50) print
    > out on their machine (I believe it was a Kodak) on glossy or matte. He
    > said... "I don't know .... I think glossy."
    >
    > I'd expect this answer from somebody who DIDN'T work in the photo lab
    > but damn. Does anyone here know which paper digital photos print out
    > on at Walgreens or Target?

    That's about par. At the low end of the food chain, the lack of education
    in the US shows up often. My favorite: Bank of America, sending a money
    order to Prague. Where's that? Czech Republic. Blank stare. ......In
    Europe.
    Is that a country?

    > The best price I've seen on matte paper is Sams club... .20 each. Any
    > local retailers that print on glossy for cheap?

    I think almost all consumer snapshot work is glossy--it is what people are
    used to

    mark herring, Jan 12, 2004
  5. joe_reed

    YoYo Guest

    joe_reed <> wrote in message
    > I stopped at Walgreens tonight and asked the guy, who worked in the
    > photo lab, if their .29 4x6 photos (.20 each for orders over 50) print
    > out on their machine (I believe it was a Kodak) on glossy or matte. He
    > said... "I don't know .... I think glossy."
    >
    > I'd expect this answer from somebody who DIDN'T work in the photo lab
    > but damn. Does anyone here know which paper digital photos print out
    > on at Walgreens or Target?
    >
    > The best price I've seen on matte paper is Sams club... .20 each. Any
    > local retailers that print on glossy for cheap?

    The Walmart by me only does matte for some reason they never have
    glossy.......

    YoYo

    YoYo, Jan 12, 2004
  6. "mark herring" <> writes:

    > I think almost all consumer snapshot work is glossy--it is what people are
    > used to

    Not necessarily. The local Massachusetts Walmarts all use luster finish for
    prints, not glossy, though most of them can do glossy though not with a 1 hour
    turnaround time.

    --
    Michael Meissner
    email:

    Michael Meissner, Jan 12, 2004
  7. joe_reed

    Ed E. Guest

    > I think almost all consumer snapshot work is glossy--it is what people are
    > used to

    Every Fuji Frontier system I've seen only offers a matte finish. And those
    systems are VERY common and found in places such as Sam's Club and Wal-Mart.

    Ed E., Jan 13, 2004
  8. joe_reed

    L. Santer Guest

    I tried out Walgreen's digotal print service last week. They were
    glossy. I didn't ask if matte was an option. Pretty quick and easy to
    do. About 10 minutes for 30 prints. It looked like it only handles
    one order at a time so wonder how they will handle if this service
    becomes popular.

    L. Santer, Jan 14, 2004
  9. joe_reed

    dijadi

    Joined:
    Aug 3, 2012
    Messages:
    1

    Fuji Frontiers 310 and up all do glossy and matte both.
    Most Walgreens offer glossy for 4x6, 5x7, & 8x10, though 4x5.3 is matte, only.

    dijadi, Aug 3, 2012