tape to DVD

Discussion in 'Computer Information' started by jes.sandiegoca, Dec 30, 2005.

  1. Converters from vcr to USB the best way to go?

    cs

    jes.sandiegoca, Dec 30, 2005

  2. jes.sandiegoca

    Chet Guest

    There are several on the market. I am using the Dazzle DVC90 (mfg by
    Pinnacle Systems) and it works great. It comes with a startup version of
    Pinnacle Studio video editing software which can be upgraded to the full
    edition of Studio for a relatively few bucks.

    See the Pinnacle info page at
    http://www.pinnaclesys.com/PublicSi...ome Video/Dazzle/Digital Video Creator 90.htm

    Make sure you have lots of speed and HD. If your speed is too slow it will
    drop frames and give a jerky picture. Video requires lots of disk (think in
    multiples of 10 GB). Make sure your USB is 2.0 and not 1.1.

    Chet, Dec 30, 2005

  3. Read some not so good reviews bout it on Amazon's customer review section.
    Think it's one of those cases where the people didn't have enough speed or
    enough memory? Or maybe they just didn't have the patience for installation?
    Do you think it needs more speed and memory than Sonic Digital Media Plus?

    Thanks,
    Chris

    jes.sandiegoca, Dec 30, 2005
  4. jes.sandiegoca

    Chet Guest

    Can't compare because I haven't used any other. Installation of the Dazzle
    driver and the Pinnacle software was only slightly more than trivial.

    As far as software, if you don't want to make DVDs, you might consider
    Windows Movie Maker which probably came with your OS. It can make video CD
    but can't make DVD. It can acquire data from the Dazzle as well.

    Chet, Dec 31, 2005
  5. jes.sandiegoca

    Brian Guest

    Brian, Jan 2, 2006