    I assume that our x64 exchange cd's will be shipping today or tommorrow.
    The last I heard from Microsoft they would be shipping at the end of June so
    I guess we will see.
    Mike, Jun 29, 2005

  2. Well they said they would ship at the end of May but that never happend so
    who knows, any chance of an official date from MS? Or is it the end of July
    now? At this rate I'll have Longhorn before XP 64

    =?Utf-8?B?U3RldmUxMDc3?=, Jun 29, 2005

  3. Mike

    Ronald Guest

    "Steve1077" <> wrote in message
    > Well they said they would ship at the end of May

    Who is "they" ? Not Microsoft i guess.

    >but that never happend so
    > who knows,

    Anyone who knows, doesn't tell. Anyone who tells doesn't know.

    > any chance of an official date from MS?

    Yes. On the date of the release of beta 1 itselves. Not sooner (see above)

    >Or is it the end of July
    > now?

    See above.

    >At this rate I'll have Longhorn before XP 64

    Have a nice day!

    Ronald, Jun 29, 2005
  4. Mike

    NNBXX Guest

    "Anyone who knows, doesn't tell. Anyone who tells doesn't know."

    Lao Tsu ?

    d9tsa9$tti$1.nb.home.nl...

    NNBXX, Jun 29, 2005
  5. Hey, the TAP program doesn't end until July 31st, which means your long wait
    for it could be extended into July. ;-)
    --
    Andre
    Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Jun 29, 2005
  6. Mike

    Kevin Lowe Guest

    To be fair, you heard from Zomax, not MS.

    I wouldn't say this is entirely MS' fault; there's degrees of blame here. I
    mean, Zomax has apparently handled plenty of fulfillment projects for MS
    before, with little trouble, so I can understand why MS hired them to handle
    this. The particular team Zomax has working on this at the moment, on the
    other hand, appear to be pretty much useless wastes of space whose only hope
    for redemption is hara-kiri.

    All kidding aside, is there any way MS can lean on these guys a little
    harder to get the job done? They're screwing up your otherwise-good
    customer service.
    Kevin Lowe, Jun 29, 2005
  7. Kevin Lowe got up from the bar and shouted: :
    > To be fair, you heard from Zomax, not MS.
    >
    > I wouldn't say this is entirely MS' fault; there's degrees of blame here. I
    > mean, Zomax has apparently handled plenty of fulfillment projects for MS
    > before, with little trouble, so I can understand why MS hired them to handle
    > this. The particular team Zomax has working on this at the moment, on the
    > other hand, appear to be pretty much useless wastes of space whose only hope
    > for redemption is hara-kiri.
    >
    > All kidding aside, is there any way MS can lean on these guys a little
    > harder to get the job done? They're screwing up your otherwise-good
    > customer service.

    They have obviously taken on more then they can handle.. MS should pull
    back the work, and give it out to someone more capable. Perhaps someone
    could explain HOW difficult mastering and shipping CD's can actually be,
    so that it takes 3 months....
    Mark Gillespie, Jul 3, 2005
  8. Mike

    Mike Guest

    "They" happen to be who the web page says to contact on the Status order
    page.
    I was told that the TAP cd's would start shipping at the end of June. I had
    ordered my
    CD on the 2nd day of ordering and my order numer is under 2000. This is now
    the beginning
    of July and still no change in order status
    Has anyone recieved a change in their status saying order has been shipped
    or do they all still say Order
    Has Been Recieved?

    Mike, Jul 3, 2005
  9. Mike

    NNBXX Guest

    Fisrt day, order number 4xx, and still "Order has been received. You will be
    charged at the time of order shipment"
    Is this a joke ?

    NNBXX, Jul 3, 2005
  10. Mike

    John Barnes Guest

    At the very least they should extend the TAP program so that those who give
    up and get the trial version will still be eligible for the exchange program
    after a reasonable time trying the system.

    John Barnes, Jul 3, 2005
  11. Mike

    Rick Guest

    Gee, if that's the case I may not get mine until next year sometime. My
    order finally was posted May 25th and my order number is X1190xxx. I
    guess that means my order number is close to one million two hundred
    thousand.

    Rick, Jul 3, 2005
  12. Mike

    NNBXX Guest

    That's the case, unfortunately. Precisely, my order number is X00004xx. But
    that doesn't necessarily mean that you'll receive your copy long after me.
    My guess is that they'll ship all the copies (almost) at once when the TAP
    is over. My two cents...

    NNBXX, Jul 3, 2005
  13. What they should do is form some agreement with major computer stores such
    as Circuit City, Best Buy, CompUSA and other to help handle the exchange for
    them, it would work out much better.

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Jul 3, 2005
  14. Andre;
    That sounds good.
    But it also sounds like a good way to greatly increase the cost since now
    the 3rd party store now have to take the time to verify eligibility.
    Are people willing to pay the additional costs as well as other costs
    associated with such a program?
    My guess is that would as a minimum double the current cost (S+H).
    Would those stores even be willing and able to take on the task?

    If the CDs are not received soon, then something should have been done
    differently but adding layers to the process will possibly add more to the
    costs than will be received by the benefit.

    --
    Jupiter Jones [MVP]
    http://www3.telus.net/dandemar

    Jupiter Jones [MVP], Jul 3, 2005
  15. Some people placed orders from the 25th of April and its still not there. I
    suspect it will arrive, but unexpectedly when you least think it would. You
    can use this as a comfort, you have until the end of July 31st.

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Jul 4, 2005
  16. Shouldn't be hard if you also let OEM Brands such as Gateway, HP and others
    handle exchange programs for their CD's. System builder copies of XP Pro
    would then exchanged at Circuit City, Best Buy, CompUSA, trust me, it would
    be faster and cost less to Microsoft, people would have had their TAP cd's
    since early May if they had followed this procedure.

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Jul 4, 2005
  17. Andre;
    With the OEMs there is one source each to inform and train on the proper
    procedure if they choose to participate.
    Is it possible the retailers you mentioned were asked but would not under
    the terms required?
    I have no idea, just another theory.
    How many of each of those stores are there?
    The number of stores alone could be the source of added expense.

    I think the idea of the current process is the best economically for
    everyone.
    But it needs to be fixed so it works smoothly from sign up to fulfillment.
    Right now there are too many questions indicative of bad communication from
    fulfillment as well what seems like excessive delays.
    Better communication could help a lot.

    Jupiter Jones [MVP], Jul 4, 2005
  18. Well, lets work on getting rid of Zomax then. :)

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Jul 4, 2005
  19. Zomax Incorporated (NASD:ZOMX)
    Sector: Technology
    Industry: Computer Services
    Website: http://www.zomax.com
    Zomax Incorporated helps companies bring their products and content to the
    market. The Company enhances the process of sourcing, production, and
    fulfillment through a modular suite of supply chain outsourcing services.
    Zomax has demonstrated the ability to provide quality products and services
    in a just-in-time (JIT) model. The Company markets and sells outsourced
    supply chain services to customers in a variety of markets. Zomax's
    outsourcing solutions enhance the process of sourcing, production, and
    fulfillment through a modular suite of supply chain services that enable
    customers to select the combination of services that best meet their needs.
    The Company's services are delivered from a network of 11 facilities across
    the United States, Mexico, Canada and Ireland.

    BRIEF: Zomax Inc. is an outsource provider of process management services to
    software publishers, computer manufacturers and other producers of
    multimedia products. For the 3 months ended 4/1/05, sales fell 16% to
    $42.2M. Net loss totaled $4.1M, up from $1.5M. Revenues reflect a decrease
    in media unit volume due to the timing and size of customer product
    launches. Net loss also reflects a lower gross profit due to lower capacity
    utilization.

    Zomax Incorporated
    5353 Nathan Lane
    Plymouth, MN 55442
    United States

    Phone: 1-763-5539300
    Fax: 1-763-5530826
    Contact Title: Director of Investor Relations
    Contact Phone: 1-763-5539300
    E-mail:

    Website: http://www.zomax.com
    News: http://www.zomax.com/pagegrid.asp?GID=1&UID=102993193137&PID=81
    History: http://www.zomax.com/pagegrid.asp?PID=21&GID=1&UID=102993193137

    Employees: 1300
    Officers: Liszt, Howard P., Chairman of the Board
    Angelini, Anthony, President, Chief Executive Officer, Director
    Rueckl, Robert J., Chief Financial Officer, Executive Vice President,
    Secretary
    Miller, Michael L., Executive Vice President-Service Operations and Business
    Development

    MarketWatch profile on Zomax Incorporated

    The Company Snapshot is provided by MarketWatch, a subsidiary of DowJones.
    The information is believed accurate but are not warranted or guaranteed by
    MarketWatch, Inc. Charts are provided by Tradeline. All times are Eastern
    U.S.

    The Fatbastard, Jul 4, 2005