    ======================
    Charlie.
    http://www.msmvps.com/xperts64/
    Charlie Russel - MVP, Jul 14, 2005

  2. Sounds for real, we hope.
    --
    Andre
    Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com
    http://spaces.msn.com/members/adacosta

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Jul 14, 2005

  3. Charlie Russel - MVP

    NNBXX Guest

    Yeah, I just received this mail :)

    NNBXX, Jul 14, 2005
  4. Charlie Russel - MVP

    Rick Guest

    I have noticed your insertion of (sic) in a couple of your posts. My
    question is why? I admit I am a U.S.A. citizen, but I do not notice any
    spelling errors in the ones you call attention to. Is the English in
    Canada that much different that the rest of the world?

    As an example in the post below "recent (sic)"

    How do you spell 'recent' in Canada?

    Rick, Jul 14, 2005
  5. Charlie Russel - MVP

    NNBXX Guest

    Exactly one minute between Andre's post and mine, LOL !

    NNBXX, Jul 14, 2005
  6. On Thu, 14 Jul 2005 00:19:14 +0100, Charlie Russel - MVP
    <> wrote:

    > "Dear Microsoft Customer:
    >
    > Thank you for your recent (sic) order for the Technology Advancement
    > Software
    > Kit.
    >

    > We sincerely apologize for the delay and will begin shipping the Windows
    > XP
    > Professional x64 Edition Software Kits beginning July 14, 2005."

    Yep got one as well. The cynical will notice the work "begin" in the
    sentance, meaning you may get yours July 15th 2005, July 15th 2006 or
    20,000 years from now...

    Kinds like the "upto 50% saving"... (1% qualifies for being upto 50%).
    Mark Gillespie, Jul 14, 2005
  7. Charlie Russel - MVP

    NNBXX Guest

    Because you call 'recent' an order placed almost 3 months ago ?

    NNBXX, Jul 14, 2005
  8. Charlie Russel - MVP

    Rick Guest

    Except "sic" is supposed to mean "as spelled" when something is misspelled.

    Rick, Jul 14, 2005
  9. Charlie Russel - MVP

    NNBXX Guest

    True, but 'sic' also means something paradoxical, or emphasizes
    *contradictions* in one's explanation, assertion, reasoning, demonstration,
    and so on. This is the latter case in Charlie's post.

    NNBXX, Jul 14, 2005
  10. Charlie Russel - MVP

    M. Murcek Guest

    Virtual cocktails all around!

    M. Murcek, Jul 14, 2005
  11. Well, in this case, the (sic) was for the misuse of the word. Recent hardly
    seems appropriate, under the circumstances. Yes, it's usually and most
    correctly for a spelling error, but in this case I think they forgot how to
    spell "ancient". ;)

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Jul 14, 2005
  12. On Thu, 14 Jul 2005 00:33:49 +0100, Mark Gillespie
    <> wrote:

    > On Thu, 14 Jul 2005 00:19:14 +0100, Charlie Russel - MVP
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >> "Dear Microsoft Customer:
    >>
    >> Thank you for your recent (sic) order for the Technology Advancement
    >> Software
    >> Kit.
    >>

    >> We sincerely apologize for the delay and will begin shipping the
    >> Windows XP
    >> Professional x64 Edition Software Kits beginning July 14, 2005."

    > Yep got one as well. The cynical will notice the work "begin" in the
    > sentance, meaning you may get yours July 15th 2005, July 15th 2006 or
    > 20,000 years from now...
    >
    > Kinds like the "upto 50% saving"... (1% qualifies for being upto 50%).

    It's also pretty laughable, they even bother telling us, that it starts
    shipping in 2 days time, after making up wait with no commuinications for
    3 months...

    If they had emailed us a month ago, telling us that it's shipping in a
    month time, but telling us that it's shipping from tommorow is pretty
    useless....

    Microsoft, plese stop using these clueless muppets for your distribution,
    they really don't have a clue...
    Mark Gillespie, Jul 14, 2005