    usatoday on a 5MBPS cable connection whereas the TAP install handles those
    same sites as well and as fast as my old XP32.

    Any thoughts on why the difference?

    MikeSa, Jul 22, 2005

  2. Did you upgrade from a beta to the Trial? How long have you been using the
    Trial, did you empty your temporary internet files folder? Defragged before
    you attempted the installation of the TAP version of XP Pro x64? You could
    have also done a upgrade from Trial to TAP.
    --
    Andre
    Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Jul 22, 2005

  3. MikeSa

    MikeSa Guest

    The trial was a clean install also. I have been using the trial since it
    first became available for download.
    I know I could have done an upgrade but I just decided to do a clean
    install. I don't see what empting the temporary internet files folder has do
    do with the installation as I chose to format the partition to make sure
    nothing remained on it

    MikeSa, Jul 22, 2005
  4. You said surfing the net was slow, I meant did you clean the Temporary
    Internet Files folder when you using the Trial. I don't know why Trial would
    be different from TAP and I don't think they are. Sometimes software will
    work good one minute then it does not, the next, it seems to be a similar
    case here.

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Jul 22, 2005