    number, but it will probably take at least 6 weeks for a turnaround to my
    APO address. Damn Murphy's Law.

    Bill Sharpe

    Bill Sharpe, Jul 27, 2005

  2. Probably something got jerked up.
    --
    Andre
    Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com
    http://spaces.msn.com/members/adacosta

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Jul 27, 2005

  3. Bummer!

    --
    Please, all replies to the newsgroup.
    ======================

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Jul 27, 2005
  4. Bill Sharpe wrote:
    > Well my TAP copy arrived today. But last night, my computer just died.
    > Power supply comes on, hard drive, floppy, Optical drives, LED's light up
    > etc. but nothing else. No bios screen, sometimes one long beep. Got RMA
    > number, but it will probably take at least 6 weeks for a turnaround to my
    > APO address. Damn Murphy's Law.

    True to push the AGP card back in the slot. Modern boards should have a
    clip there, but if it does not work, the AGP slot is by far the most
    frequent failure point of a modern PC. Second is the power supply, than
    the HD.

    Thomas

    Thomas Steffen, Jul 27, 2005
  5. Bill Sharpe

    Bill Sharpe Guest

    No AGP, PCI express 16. But the tech had me do about a 45 minute list of
    things before he gave me the RMA. These included reseating every card,
    trying one memory chip at a time, no memory chip, different monitor,
    reseating power and drive connectors etc. Of course, I had already done
    most, but since he was reading from a script and it was his nickel, I let
    him walk me through it all again. As I was putting my memory chips back in
    again, he said "your RMA number is ..." It was sent back yesterday, had to
    send it priority from my APO post office as the RMA is only good for 15
    days. He should have in 5-7 days.

    Bill Sharpe

    Bill Sharpe, Jul 28, 2005
  6. Bill Sharpe

    Ron Bogart Guest

    Price of living in Korea? :)

    --
    Ron Bogart {} ô¿ô¬
    Associate Expert

    Ron Bogart, Jul 28, 2005
  7. Bill Sharpe

    Bill Sharpe Guest

    Well got to feed the family. Also two boys in the university at the same
    time. And supporting both a mother and mother-in-law. My company has
    offered me a job in the desert for a year, and they keep upping the ante.
    They are getting too close for comfort point that I named a few months ago,
    thinking they would never offer that much.

    Bill
    From "The Land of the Morning Calm" which lasts a few minutes, "Then all
    hell breaks loose."

    Bill Sharpe, Jul 28, 2005