    lens for use on both Canon 10D and EOS 3 bodies. Which would you recommend?
    (By the way, I can't afford the Canon lenses!) Many thanks for experiences,
    opinions, and links to comparison tests. regards, David
    Onepercentf, Dec 21, 2003

  2. Onepercentf

    NJH Guest

    I have the Sigma EX 17-35 in the Maxxum mount and it's excellent. (Just like
    you with Canon lenses, I couldn't afford the Minolta 17-35.) No experience
    with that Tamron lens.

    Neil

    "Onepercentf" <> wrote in message
    > I am looking to buy either the new Tamron DI 17-35mm or the Sigman EX

    17-35mm

    NJH, Dec 21, 2003

  3. Onepercentf

    Paolo Pizzi Guest

    Onepercentf wrote:

    > I am looking to buy either the new Tamron DI 17-35mm or the
    > Sigman EX 17-35mm lens for use on both Canon 10D and EOS
    > 3 bodies.

    Spend an extra $100 and get the Sigma 15-30EX.
    Much better lens, a lot more useful than the two you
    mentioned for your digital body, where it becomes the
    rough 35mm equivalent of a 22-45.
    Paolo Pizzi, Dec 22, 2003
  4. Onepercentf

    Argon3 Guest

    Was at a camera store a couple of weeks ago and the Sigma rep was there with a
    12-25 f2.8.....brand new...just lettin' ya know.....

    argon
    Argon3, Dec 22, 2003
  5. "Onepercentf" <> wrote in message
    > I am looking to buy either the new Tamron DI 17-35mm or the Sigman EX

    17-35mm
    > lens for use on both Canon 10D and EOS 3 bodies. Which would you

    recommend?
    > (By the way, I can't afford the Canon lenses!) Many thanks for

    experiences,
    > opinions, and links to comparison tests. regards, David

    Get the Sigma 15-30EX. It is head and shoulders above both the lenses your
    are considering.
    George Preddy, Dec 22, 2003
  6. Onepercentf

    Kenny Guest

    > I am looking to buy either the new Tamron DI 17-35mm or the Sigman EX

    17-35mm
    > lens for use on both Canon 10D and EOS 3 bodies.

    Neither. The 17-35 is not a good lens. The Sigma 15-30 on the other hand
    is only slightly more expensive and ten times better.

    Kenny
    Kenny, Dec 22, 2003
  7. Onepercentf

    Paolo Pizzi Guest

    Argon3 wrote:

    > Was at a camera store a couple of weeks ago and the Sigma rep was
    > there with a 12-25 f2.8.....brand new...just lettin' ya know.....

    You mean the new 12-24. Yeah, I know that. It was copied
    from the Nikkor 12-24DX but it's not nearly as good. Big
    vignetting problem, lots of flare etc., too expensive for what
    is really worth. The 15-30EX costs half of that and it's optically
    better.
    Paolo Pizzi, Dec 23, 2003