    On the other PC, whose IP address is 169.254.45.144, when trying to ping the
    Main PC I get "Destination Host Unreachable"

    What could cause this?
    =?Utf-8?B?cnJ2b2xr?=, Nov 24, 2006

  2. Hi
    An IP of 169.254.45.144 means that the TCP?IP stack is configured to obtain
    an IP Auto, an can not find a DHCP server to get one. Since you are using
    ICS and do nt have a DHCP server you have to assign the computer with static
    IP like, 192.168.02.
    http://www.practicallynetworked.com/sharing/
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    Jack \(MVP-Networking\)., Nov 25, 2006

  3. =?Utf-8?B?cnJ2b2xr?=

    David Hettel Guest

    You have not succeeded in putting your wireless cards in Ad-Hoc mode with
    common security settings. The "other PC" should have an address of
    192.168.0.xxx if it where connecting to the main PC. See if this page will
    not help you;

    http://compnetworking.about.com/cs/wirelessfaqs/f/adhocwireless.htm

    --
    David Hettel

    E-mail or news groups.

    http://mvp.support.microsoft.com

    no rights.

    David Hettel, Nov 25, 2006
  4. =?Utf-8?B?cnJ2b2xr?=

    David Hettel Guest

    Why doesn't he have a DHCP server? If he is using ICS he should have a DHCP
    server, it's part of ICS as far as I know. See
    Just below fig 5. I believe it is most likely a security setting
    mis-configured, or his ICS is not actually working perhaps because he has
    attempted to change the TCP/IP settings of the wireless card.

    David Hettel, Nov 25, 2006