    Anyone know of something that will do that - freeware or not is ok?

    My own Austin Powers imitation isn't very good.
    , Nov 12, 2004

  2. Pepperoni Guest

    Do a search for "voice disguise", you will get hundreds of hits.
    http://www.audio4fun.com/faq_vcs.htm
    http://www.downloadfreetrial.com/internet/inte15335.html
    http://ssm.seestorm.com/VoiceDisguise
    http://www.snapfiles.com/get/voicemask.html

    Pepperoni, Nov 12, 2004

  3. Dmitri Guest

    wrote:

    > Does anyone know of any software that will speak what I type or
    > something like that?

    > I want to record custom voice mail messages but I don't want my voice.

    > Maybe a program that can change the voice to a woman or a British
    > accent....I type in what I want it to say and then I can choose what
    > type of voice says it back.

    > Anyone know of something that will do that - freeware or not is ok?

    > My own Austin Powers imitation isn't very good.

    If it is for anything other than pure fun, I would advise you to hire a
    professional human voice talent instead. The artificial voices, although
    greatly improved in recent years, still sound, well, artificial. Most of
    the time they sound somewhat spooky because they normally luck
    understanding of the human voice impression you want to show in your
    little speech.

    Hiring a voice talent these days is really not that expensive. There is a
    fierce competition in the field, and prices dropped down dramatically.
    Besides, everything is done over the Internet these days, and you can
    easily have a (real) Australian accents, or British or anything else if
    you like, and it will not sound fake. Google for "voice over" or "voice on
    hold" or "message on hold", and you'll get dozens of companies, most of
    which will take your typed-in text from an e-mail, record it and send it
    back as MP3 or WAV or whatever you like.

    Oh, BTW, the closest it gets to a real voice is AT&T Natural Voices (
    http://www.naturalvoices.att.com/demos/ ) These guys have always been on
    the very top of the field, and they still are. Give them a try. It still
    sometimes sound silly but that, again, in my opinion the closest it gets
    to a real speech.

    --
    Dmitri Abaimov, RCDD
    http://www.cabling-design.com

    http://www.cabling-design.com/forum
    Dmitri, Nov 12, 2004
  4. wrote:

    > Does anyone know of any software that will speak what I type or
    > something like that?
    >
    > I want to record custom voice mail messages but I don't want my voice.
    >
    > Maybe a program that can change the voice to a woman or a British
    > accent....I type in what I want it to say and then I can choose what
    > type of voice says it back.
    >
    > Anyone know of something that will do that - freeware or not is ok?
    >
    > My own Austin Powers imitation isn't very good.

    Check AT&T Labs (http://www.naturalvoices.att.com/). They have a very
    impressive online demo. Should be enough for you.

    Roman Zhovtulya
    Roman Zhovtulya, Nov 12, 2004

    Check this: http://www.research.att.com/projects/tts/demo.html
    or this: http://www.naturalvoices.att.com/demos/
    Roman Zhovtulya, Nov 12, 2004
  6. <> wrote in message
    > Does anyone know of any software that will speak what I type or
    > something like that?
    >
    > I want to record custom voice mail messages but I don't want my voice.
    >
    > Maybe a program that can change the voice to a woman or a British
    > accent....I type in what I want it to say and then I can choose what
    > type of voice says it back.
    >
    > Anyone know of something that will do that - freeware or not is ok?
    >
    > My own Austin Powers imitation isn't very good.

    I'm a British woman who used to be a disc jockey - if you're not looking for
    fantastic quality (I don't have any of my pro mikes anymore) I'll record you
    a .wav file for free. ;-)

    Rachael
    Rachael the Wiccan Rat, Nov 14, 2004
  7. Guest

    >> Does anyone know of any software that will speak what I type or
    >> something like that?
    >>
    >> I want to record custom voice mail messages but I don't want my voice.
    >>
    >> Maybe a program that can change the voice to a woman or a British
    >> accent....I type in what I want it to say and then I can choose what
    >> type of voice says it back.
    >>
    >> Anyone know of something that will do that - freeware or not is ok?
    >>
    >> My own Austin Powers imitation isn't very good.

    >I'm a British woman who used to be a disc jockey - if you're not looking for
    >fantastic quality (I don't have any of my pro mikes anymore) I'll record you
    >a .wav file for free. ;-)
    >

    >Rachael

    Really? Can you email me?

    Thanks!