    first study the hardware part, then go take the hardware test, or should I
    study all of the material and take both at the same time? Thanks!

    lawilson
    lawilson, Apr 20, 2004

  2. lawilson wrote:
    > Hello all,
    >
    > I'm happy to have found this group, thanks to the Mike Meyers website. I am
    > currently studying his new passport book, which is MUCH better for me than
    > his BIG A+ book. I'm getting through it much easier.
    >
    > Here's my question, and I'm sure it's been asked here before. Should I
    > first study the hardware part, then go take the hardware test, or should I
    > study all of the material and take both at the same time? Thanks!
    >
    > lawilson

    personally, as I've done more work in the past repairing/ re-installing
    etc., I thought I'd tackle the hardware part, and then move onto the Op
    systems later in the year ( I've got a hell of a flat to decorate...)
    I'm not sure if I could take it all in, and do doth at the same time...
    Graham
    Graham Chapman, Apr 20, 2004

  3. lawilson

    georgewood Guest

    If you have not taken a test like this before I would take the hardware
    first. Then take a few days to prep for the O/S.

    georgewood, Apr 20, 2004
  4. lawilson

    lawilson Guest

    Thanks for the suggestion. As for my current studying now, should I only
    study for the hardware, and then go take it, or should I study for
    everything, then do a prep right before the hardware test, and the same
    thing for the OS?

    lawilson

    lawilson, Apr 20, 2004
  5. "lawilson" <> wrote in message
    > Hello all,
    >
    > I'm happy to have found this group, thanks to the Mike Meyers website. I

    am
    > currently studying his new passport book, which is MUCH better for me than
    > his BIG A+ book. I'm getting through it much easier.
    >
    > Here's my question, and I'm sure it's been asked here before. Should I
    > first study the hardware part, then go take the hardware test, or should I
    > study all of the material and take both at the same time? Thanks!

    I'd just take them both at the same time. Some of the people who decided to
    take one test and than study for another are running into problems with the
    2001-to-2003 changeover. Basically, if they don't pass their 2nd test by
    some time in June, their first test will no longer count toward
    certification.

    It's not really hard to study for both of them at the same time...just takes
    a little more effort. Good luck with whatever you do.
    Patrick Michael, Apr 21, 2004
  6. Patrick Michael wrote:
    > "lawilson" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>Hello all,
    >>
    >>I'm happy to have found this group, thanks to the Mike Meyers website. I

    > am
    >
    >>currently studying his new passport book, which is MUCH better for me than
    >>his BIG A+ book. I'm getting through it much easier.
    >>
    >>Here's my question, and I'm sure it's been asked here before. Should I
    >>first study the hardware part, then go take the hardware test, or should I
    >>study all of the material and take both at the same time? Thanks!

    > I'd just take them both at the same time. Some of the people who decided to
    > take one test and than study for another are running into problems with the
    > 2001-to-2003 changeover. Basically, if they don't pass their 2nd test by
    > some time in June, their first test will no longer count toward
    > certification.
    >
    > It's not really hard to study for both of them at the same time...just takes
    > a little more effort. Good luck with whatever you do.

    I don't see anything about the new rules from Comptia?? where is it??
    Graham
    Graham Chapman, Apr 21, 2004
  7. Patrick Michael, Apr 23, 2004
  8. lawilson

    Ron Y Guest

    > "Graham Chapman" <> wrote in message
    > >
    > > I don't see anything about the new rules from Comptia?? where is it??
    > > Graham

    > http://www.comptia.org/certification/A/mixandmatch.asp

    Right here.

    http://www.comptia.org/certification/A/mixandmatch.asp

    CompTIA Certification Advisory

    The Grace Period of A+ Mix and Match 2001 and 2003 Exams Ends June 30

    Until June 30, all CompTIA A+ candidates can mix and match 2001 and
    2003 exams to earn their A+ computer technician certification. After June
    30, candidates must take a 2003 Core Hardware exam together with a 2003
    Operating Systems exam to achieve the CompTIA A+ certification.

    The option to mix and match old and new exams began on November 26,
    2003 when the latest versions of the two A+ exams were released. Since A+ is
    a two-exam certification, CompTIA did not want to penalize those that had
    already passed one of the exams. That grace period will end, June 30, 2004.

    Ending this grace period helps to ensure that those earning CompTIA A+
    in 2004 and beyond have demonstrated knowledge mastery that is current and
    relevant. CompTIA urges all A+ candidates who have passed a 2001 Core
    Hardware or Operating Systems exam to make the most of the remaining grace
    period and schedule the remaining exam as soon as possible.

    Information on CompTIA Learning Alliance training and CompTIA
    Authorized Quality Curriculum courseware for the 2003 A+ exams is available
    on the CompTIA website. Please contact a CompTIA Customer Service
    Representative or visit the A+ Objectives for additional information
    concerning the 2003 exams.
    Ron Y, Apr 23, 2004