Taking the plunge

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by pcbutts1, Jun 12, 2006.

  1. pcbutts1

    pcbutts1 Guest

    pcbutts1, Jun 12, 2006

  2. pcbutts1

    Guest

    , Jun 12, 2006

  3. pcbutts1

    Leythos Guest

    In article <>, pcbutts1
    @seedsv.com says...
    > Ok here I go, I am getting ready to install Vista RC1 64bit on my laptop.

    Just make sure that you have 1GB RAM unless you want to suffer from
    performance issues.

    --

    remove 999 in order to email me

    Leythos, Jun 12, 2006
  4. pcbutts1

    Toolman Tim Guest

    In news:0Y3jg.63379$,
    Leythos spewed forth:
    > In article <>, pcbutts1
    > @seedsv.com says...
    >> Ok here I go, I am getting ready to install Vista RC1 64bit on my
    >> laptop.

    > Just make sure that you have 1GB RAM unless you want to suffer from
    > performance issues.

    My 3.0GHz desktop is doing okay at 512MB. But then, since my scanner doesn't
    work, I'm not really working the system as much as normal.

    So far, I'm not impressed. The system didn't pick up my TV capture card,
    scanner, 19" LCD display, and who knows what else. I had work to do, so I
    booted back into XP.

    --
    I always finish what I sta

    Toolman Tim, Jun 12, 2006
  5. pcbutts1 wrote:
    > Ok here I go, I am getting ready to install Vista RC1 64bit on my laptop.

    Who cares thief !

    Plagiarizing code from Kelly's Korner !

    Do you have no shame ?
    How many times have you been caught plagiarizing someone else's code ?

    This goes on too bloody often ! Over, and over again.

    From: "pcbutts1" <>
    Newsgroups: 24hoursupport.helpdesk
    Subject: Re: Desktop
    Date: Sat, 10 Jun 2006 21:02:19 -0700

    Try this file it is for XP only. Since this is a vbs file your antivirus
    or antispyware may detect it as malicious, this file is safe. Download
    it then double click on it to run it.
    http://www.pcbutts1.com/downloads/system32fix.vbs

    Line #260 ==> "System32 Folder Opens Upon Boot"

    "xp_system32opens.vbs"

    On Error Resume Next

    X =
    WshShell.RegRead("HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\SB
    Audigy 2 Startup Menu")

    If X <> "" Then

    WshShell.RegWrite "HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\SB
    Audigy 2 Startup Menu", "/L:ENG"

    X = MsgBox("Finished! The System32 folder should not open on boot for
    this user.", vbOKOnly, "Done")

    Else

    MsgBox "This script cannot repair your issue. The expected Registry
    value was not found.", vbOKOnly, "Finished."

    End If

    Set WshShell = Nothing

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?=E6_Borked_=E6?=, Jun 12, 2006
  6. pcbutts1

    pcbutts1 Guest

    You're a fool if think she really writes all those codes herself and what
    you posted is not the same as mine now **** off.

    pcbutts1, Jun 12, 2006
  7. pcbutts1

    Duane Arnold Guest

    æ Borked æ wrote:
    > pcbutts1 wrote:
    >
    >> Ok here I go, I am getting ready to install Vista RC1 64bit on my laptop.
    >>

    > Who cares thief !
    >
    > Plagiarizing code from Kelly's Korner !
    >
    > Do you have no shame ?
    > How many times have you been caught plagiarizing someone else's code ?
    >
    > This goes on too bloody often ! Over, and over again.

    What has any of this have to do with the post?

    No one cares is the bottom line and your post is questionable.

    Duane :)

    Duane Arnold, Jun 12, 2006
  8. pcbutts1

    Duane Arnold Guest

    Toolman Tim wrote:
    > In news:0Y3jg.63379$,
    > Leythos spewed forth:
    >
    >>In article <>, pcbutts1
    >>@seedsv.com says...
    >>
    >>>Ok here I go, I am getting ready to install Vista RC1 64bit on my
    >>>laptop.

    >>Just make sure that you have 1GB RAM unless you want to suffer from
    >>performance issues.

    > My 3.0GHz desktop is doing okay at 512MB. But then, since my scanner doesn't
    > work, I'm not really working the system as much as normal.
    >
    > So far, I'm not impressed. The system didn't pick up my TV capture card,
    > scanner, 19" LCD display, and who knows what else. I had work to do, so I
    > booted back into XP.

    It sounds like Linux. <g>

    Duane :)

    Duane Arnold, Jun 12, 2006
  9. pcbutts1

    Alvin Guest

    On Sun, 11 Jun 2006 22:18:51 -0400, æ Borked æ <>
    wrote:

    >pcbutts1 wrote:
    >> Ok here I go, I am getting ready to install Vista RC1 64bit on my laptop.
    >>

    >Who cares thief !
    >
    >Plagiarizing code from Kelly's Korner !
    >
    >Do you have no shame ?
    >How many times have you been caught plagiarizing someone else's code ?
    >
    >This goes on too bloody often ! Over, and over again.

    <SNIP another plagiarism example>

    Yet another Butthead thievery unmasked. Good job.

    Alvin, Jun 12, 2006
  10. Duane Arnold wrote:
    > Toolman Tim wrote:
    >> In news:0Y3jg.63379$,
    >> Leythos spewed forth:
    >>
    >>>In article <>, pcbutts1
    >>>@seedsv.com says...

    >>>Just make sure that you have 1GB RAM unless you want to suffer from
    >>>performance issues.

    >> My 3.0GHz desktop is doing okay at 512MB. But then, since my scanner doesn't
    >> work, I'm not really working the system as much as normal.
    >>
    >> So far, I'm not impressed. The system didn't pick up my TV capture card,
    >> scanner, 19" LCD display, and who knows what else. I had work to do, so I
    >> booted back into XP.

    > It sounds like Linux. <g>

    I damnear posted a reply similar to that. But mine was going to be
    "Sounds like what people claim is their reason they don't use Linux."

    :)

    <posting with my Linux box that's fine with my scanner, two printers,
    two digital cameras, my Palm PDAs, my DVD burner, my card reader...>

    --
    Blinky RLU 297263
    Killing all posts from Google Groups

    Blinky the Shark, Jun 12, 2006
  11. pcbutts1

    Guest

    , Jun 12, 2006
  12. pcbutts1

    pcbutts1 Guest

    My point exactly Trax, Kelly gives credit where credit is do. When she
    writes it she signs it. When I write it I sign them now because of thieves
    like Dave noahdfear and now S!R!. I don't really care because it's simply
    stuff that I do for free but the trolls want to make a big deal about it.
    Everything I do now Is compiled. That vbs script is old and Kelly's version
    is generic.

    pcbutts1, Jun 12, 2006
  13. pcbutts1

    Duane Arnold Guest

    Blinky the Shark wrote:
    > Duane Arnold wrote:
    >
    >>Toolman Tim wrote:
    >>
    >>>In news:0Y3jg.63379$,
    >>>Leythos spewed forth:

    >>>My 3.0GHz desktop is doing okay at 512MB. But then, since my scanner doesn't
    >>>work, I'm not really working the system as much as normal.
    >>>
    >>>So far, I'm not impressed. The system didn't pick up my TV capture card,
    >>>scanner, 19" LCD display, and who knows what else. I had work to do, so I
    >>>booted back into XP.

    >>It sounds like Linux. <g>

    > I damnear posted a reply similar to that. But mine was going to be
    > "Sounds like what people claim is their reason they don't use Linux."
    >
    > :)
    >
    > <posting with my Linux box that's fine with my scanner, two printers,
    > two digital cameras, my Palm PDAs, my DVD burner, my card reader...>

    I'll take the easy way out and just use Suse with the MS mechines when I
    get my home network setup again.

    Linux is alright -- I'll use it. ;-)

    Duane :)

    Duane Arnold, Jun 12, 2006
  14. Toolman Tim wrote:

    > My 3.0GHz desktop is doing okay at 512MB. But then, since my scanner
    > doesn't work, I'm not really working the system as much as normal.
    >
    > So far, I'm not impressed. The system didn't pick up my TV capture card,
    > scanner, 19" LCD display, and who knows what else. I had work to do, so I
    > booted back into XP.

    Your XP drivers are of no use anymore?
    Good grief, then hardware manufacturers may as well supply drivers for
    mainstream linux distributions instead.

    Walter Mautner, Jun 12, 2006
  15. pcbutts1

    Gordon Guest

    pcbutts1 wrote:

    > Ok here I go, I am getting ready to install Vista RC1 64bit on my laptop.

    Mad mad idiot.

    --
    Registered Linux User no 240308
    Kubuntu 6.06, Open Office 2

    Gordon, Jun 12, 2006
  16. pcbutts1

    Dan Evans Guest

    "Duane Arnold" <""Yep-Don't-Bother\"@You-got-it-right@.BET"> wrote in
    message news:dS4jg.4657$...

    > It sounds like Linux. <g>

    Spent all weekend (and I mean*ALL*) weekend here getting Wireless (plus the
    kernel upgrade etc over 33.6 dial up) to work with Debian.

    Been fun so far.

    Dan

    Dan Evans, Jun 12, 2006
  17. pcbutts1

    Meat Plow Guest

    On Sun, 11 Jun 2006 18:45:07 -0700, pcbutts1 wrote:

    > Ok here I go, I am getting ready to install Vista RC1 64bit on my laptop.

    Makes great sense that an idiot would waste their time on shit like
    Vista release candidates.

    Meat Plow, Jun 12, 2006
  18. pcbutts1

    Toolman Tim Guest

    In news:,
    Walter Mautner spewed forth:
    > Toolman Tim wrote:

    >> My 3.0GHz desktop is doing okay at 512MB. But then, since my scanner
    >> doesn't work, I'm not really working the system as much as normal.
    >>
    >> So far, I'm not impressed. The system didn't pick up my TV capture
    >> card, scanner, 19" LCD display, and who knows what else. I had work
    >> to do, so I booted back into XP.
    >>

    > Your XP drivers are of no use anymore?
    > Good grief, then hardware manufacturers may as well supply drivers for
    > mainstream linux distributions instead.

    Honestly, the download beta 2 version may not contain the full set of
    drivers that will ship with the final release. If I were hosting the
    bandwidth for this size of a download, I'd reduce the size if at all
    possible.

    --
    I always finish what I sta

    Toolman Tim, Jun 12, 2006
  19. pcbutts1

    Toolman Tim Guest

    In news:,
    Blinky the Shark spewed forth:
    > Duane Arnold wrote:
    >> Toolman Tim wrote:
    >>> In news:0Y3jg.63379$,
    >>> Leythos spewed forth:

    >>> My 3.0GHz desktop is doing okay at 512MB. But then, since my
    >>> scanner doesn't work, I'm not really working the system as much as
    >>> normal.
    >>>
    >>> So far, I'm not impressed. The system didn't pick up my TV capture
    >>> card, scanner, 19" LCD display, and who knows what else. I had work
    >>> to do, so I booted back into XP.

    >> It sounds like Linux. <g>

    > I damnear posted a reply similar to that. But mine was going to be
    > "Sounds like what people claim is their reason they don't use Linux."
    >
    > :)
    >
    > <posting with my Linux box that's fine with my scanner, two printers,
    > two digital cameras, my Palm PDAs, my DVD burner, my card reader...>

    I'm sure that drivers will be available, but the manufacturers of components
    are probably just now getting up to speed with the changes too.

    What really irritated me most was those damn dialog boxes that come up every
    time I tried to change a setting. Even something as innocuous as a display
    resolution. And why the crap do they still default to "Automatic restart" on
    system failure? How stupid! At least the Quick Launch was set up as a
    default.

    --
    I always finish what I sta

    Toolman Tim, Jun 12, 2006
  20. pcbutts1

    beenthere Guest

    "Toolman Tim" <> wrote in message
    > In news:,
    > Blinky the Shark spewed forth:
    >> Duane Arnold wrote:

    >>> It sounds like Linux. <g>

    >> I damnear posted a reply similar to that. But mine was going to be
    >> "Sounds like what people claim is their reason they don't use Linux."
    >>
    >> :)
    >>
    >> <posting with my Linux box that's fine with my scanner, two printers,
    >> two digital cameras, my Palm PDAs, my DVD burner, my card reader...>

    > I'm sure that drivers will be available, but the manufacturers of
    > components are probably just now getting up to speed with the changes too.
    >
    > What really irritated me most was those damn dialog boxes that come up
    > every time I tried to change a setting. Even something as innocuous as a
    > display resolution. And why the crap do they still default to "Automatic
    > restart" on system failure? How stupid! At least the Quick Launch was set
    > up as a default.

    Stop complaining TT, this is the "Gate`S`way to the future" (ha ha ).

    beenthere, Jun 12, 2006