    prep is a lost art!

    <http://www.geocities.com/ritaberk2008/sushi.htm>

    Rita
    Rita Berkowitz, Mar 15, 2008

  2. Rita Berkowitz

    Guest

    On Sat, 15 Mar 2008 19:58:21 -0400, in rec.photo.digital "Rita Berkowitz"
    <> wrote:

    >Yes, the D3 performs miracles at such venues as dimly lit concerts and other
    >nightclub settings, but it does get stretched to the limit at the sushi bar.
    >Even the spine tingling moments when the sushi chef performed his magic were
    >captured, without flash of course. Shit! Shooting concerts is gravy
    >compared to catching the fast pace action of a sushi chef on the move. Fish
    >prep is a lost art!
    >
    ><http://www.geocities.com/ritaberk2008/sushi.htm>

    Too bad that in your hands the D3 takes such crappy photos you can't tell a
    hawk from an osprey.
    , Mar 16, 2008

  3. Rita Berkowitz

    plb49 Guest

    On Mar 15, 8:22 pm, wrote:
    > On Sat, 15 Mar 2008 19:58:21 -0400, in rec.photo.digital "Rita Berkowitz"
    >
    > <> wrote:
    > >Yes, the D3 performs miracles at such venues as dimly lit concerts and other
    > >nightclub settings, but it does get stretched to the limit at the sushi bar.
    > >Even the spine tingling moments when the sushi chef performed his magic were
    > >captured, without flash of course. Shit! Shooting concerts is gravy
    > >compared to catching the fast pace action of a sushi chef on the move. Fish
    > >prep is a lost art!

    > ><http://www.geocities.com/ritaberk2008/sushi.htm>

    > Too bad that in your hands the D3 takes such crappy photos you can't tell a
    > hawk from an osprey.

    Hmm--ad hominem attacks aside, we call ospreys fish hawks here in
    Virginia--that's the problem with common names--they vary regionally.
    Pandion haliaetus is so much more precise!

    Paul B.
    plb49, Mar 16, 2008
  4. Rita Berkowitz

    Guest

    On Sat, 15 Mar 2008 18:05:55 -0700 (PDT), in rec.photo.digital plb49
    <> wrote:

    >On Mar 15, 8:22 pm, wrote:
    >> On Sat, 15 Mar 2008 19:58:21 -0400, in rec.photo.digital "Rita Berkowitz"
    >>
    >> <> wrote:
    >> >Yes, the D3 performs miracles at such venues as dimly lit concerts and other
    >> >nightclub settings, but it does get stretched to the limit at the sushi bar.
    >> >Even the spine tingling moments when the sushi chef performed his magic were
    >> >captured, without flash of course. Shit! Shooting concerts is gravy
    >> >compared to catching the fast pace action of a sushi chef on the move. Fish
    >> >prep is a lost art!

    >> ><http://www.geocities.com/ritaberk2008/sushi.htm>

    >> Too bad that in your hands the D3 takes such crappy photos you can't tell a
    >> hawk from an osprey.

    >Hmm--ad hominem attacks aside, we call ospreys fish hawks here in
    >Virginia--that's the problem with common names--they vary regionally.
    >Pandion haliaetus is so much more precise!

    Even more an issue is generalizations such as yours. Not every one in VA is
    represented by your statement. I certainly am not with ospreys now having
    returned and being a daily sight around Yorktown.
    , Mar 16, 2008
  5. Rita Berkowitz

    George Kerby Guest

    On 3/15/08 6:58 PM, in article , "Rita
    Berkowitz" <> wrote:

    > Yes, the D3 performs miracles at such venues as dimly lit concerts and other
    > nightclub settings, but it does get stretched to the limit at the sushi bar.
    > Even the spine tingling moments when the sushi chef performed his magic were
    > captured, without flash of course. Shit! Shooting concerts is gravy
    > compared to catching the fast pace action of a sushi chef on the move. Fish
    > prep is a lost art!
    >
    > <http://www.geocities.com/ritaberk2008/sushi.htm>
    >

    > Rita

    If you took the time to correctly compose, there would not be a big
    obnoxious green leaf blurring the middle of the picture.

    Other than that, you write fairly entertaining cut lines. Stick with that.

    Photography ain't your calling...
    George Kerby, Mar 16, 2008