    business ... :)

    Many thanks in advance,

    Serg
    Sergio Nova, Jan 10, 2007

  2. Sergio Nova

    JohnO Guest

    > To be honest I'm a little nervous (tests always made me nervous) and I was
    > wondering if you have a word of advise (or courage) for this newbie in the
    > business ... :)

    Relax...seriously. If you have any experience servicing PCs
    professionally you will be fine.

    Which exam are you taking, the 2003 or 2006?

    -John O
    JohnO, Jan 11, 2007

  3. Sergio Nova

    Patrick Q Guest

    "JohnO" <> wrote in message

    >> To be honest I'm a little nervous (tests always made me nervous) and I
    >> was
    >> wondering if you have a word of advise (or courage) for this newbie in
    >> the
    >> business ... :)

    > Relax...seriously. If you have any experience servicing PCs
    > professionally you will be fine.
    >
    > Which exam are you taking, the 2003 or 2006?
    >
    > -John O

    I really hate tests too.... I always try to over think the questions and I
    know I shouldn't.

    Just do those practice tests....they help.

    Hardware seemed to be easier for me than Software....my first 5 questions
    were on Windows 2000. Ugh.

    I HATE the "Pick Two" questions.... I always over think those.

    I spent an hour or so memorizing IRQ's and COM port settings, then I never
    really needed them, but others day they got bombarded with those...so, it's
    a crap shoot. There is a big pool of questions that the computer picks
    from...

    PLEASE, let us know your progress!

    Patrick.
    Patrick Q, Jan 11, 2007
  4. Sergio Nova

    Sergio Nova Guest

    Hi John !!

    I'll be taking the 2006 (or so I'm told) ... I'm on my 30's and IT has been
    a long passion. From my ZX spectrum up to my Athlon Duo I have been the
    unofficial IT support for work and friends so I was hoping for some good
    results ... :)

    Thankx for your words John !

    Serg

    Sergio Nova, Jan 11, 2007
  5. Sergio Nova

    Sergio Nova Guest

    mmmm I always thought hardware would be more difficult than software ...
    Your comment is making me feel much better Pat ....

    I''ll have to hammer those IRQ and COM's port settings ... :)

    Thankx Pat !!!

    Sergio Nova, Jan 11, 2007
  6. Sergio Nova

    Sergio Nova Guest

    Ooops, thankx John !!!! (Sorry called you Pat! :)

    P.S.- Will keep you informed and I hope you don't mind mind me asking
    questions from time to time ....

    Sergio Nova, Jan 11, 2007
  7. Sergio Nova

    Patrick Q Guest

    I think you had it right to begin with....

    I just did better on Hardware, MAYBE cause it was my second test and I was
    more used to the format or I just had more experience. Who knows???

    It's a little room....all I can hear is my heart beating and my hands are
    sweaty!

    Like I said, I hate tests.....ugh.

    Patrick Q, Jan 11, 2007
  8. Sergio Nova

    Sergio Nova Guest

    Hahahahhahaaaaa

    Can't wait to get into that little room, sweaty hands, stuff ....
    aaaahhhrrrgggg :)

    Sergio Nova, Jan 11, 2007
  9. Sergio Nova

    JohnO Guest

    Sergio Nova wrote:
    > Hi John !!
    >
    > I'll be taking the 2006 (or so I'm told) ... I'm on my 30's and IT has been
    > a long passion. From my ZX spectrum up to my Athlon Duo I have been the
    > unofficial IT support for work and friends so I was hoping for some good
    > results ... :)
    >
    > Thankx for your words John !

    You're welcome. Sounds like you have some experience, so that's a huge
    benefit. There are probably some areas on the exams you aren't familiar
    with, and any decent test prep will identify those. Might be printers,
    or IP addressing, or maybe the new professionalism stuff. You can
    easily find resources for the first two, but the professionalism
    question are hard to study, there's no good material out there for the
    types of questions they're asking. In fact, some of the questions IMO
    cannot be answered with complete certainty. So, do as well as you can
    on the tech questions and choose "the best answer" for the rest.

    -John O
    JohnO, Jan 12, 2007
  10. Sergio Nova

    Sergio Nova Guest

    Thankx for the advice John !

    I'll try to find out as much as I can about the "Profesionalism" bit ...
    (And carry on with the rest).

    Cheers,

    Serg

    Sergio Nova, Jan 12, 2007