    going at different times. I'm fortunate to be getting in early on that. I
    know Server 2007 is practically just around the corner, but having the 2003
    knowledge will be nice in my eyes.

    Frank Shannon, Feb 19, 2007

  2. Good luck tommorow on your test Frank. I've been doing major studying for my
    271. i am fairly confident i will do fine on it.. right now though i am just
    enjoying learning... which is where my confidence comes from.. if i werent
    enjoying it, i wouldnt be confident at all and i dont think i would be in
    the right profession. I went ahead and ordered 3 MCSA books last night on
    amazon.com and I feel ready for my next challenge in life. I dont feel like
    the 270 is going to be much of a problem for me since it's another XP exam
    so I may be taking that by the end of March.

    Keith Chilton, Feb 19, 2007

  3. Frank Shannon

    TheITGirl Guest

    "Keith Chilton" wrote:

    > Good luck tommorow on your test Frank. I've been doing major studying for my
    > 271. i am fairly confident i will do fine on it.. right now though i am just
    > enjoying learning... which is where my confidence comes from.. if i werent
    > enjoying it, i wouldnt be confident at all and i dont think i would be in
    > the right profession. I went ahead and ordered 3 MCSA books last night on
    > amazon.com and I feel ready for my next challenge in life. I dont feel like
    > the 270 is going to be much of a problem for me since it's another XP exam
    > so I may be taking that by the end of March.
    >

    > "Frank Shannon" <> wrote in message
    > > So in about 14 hours, I'll be sitting down to the 70-272. For me, it's
    > > been
    > > a combination on studying...I've been having the experience in a
    > > professional
    > > environment, and I've had a study guide available. I passed the 271 back
    > > in
    > > November, and feel I've given myself enough time for preparation on the
    > > 272.
    > > So tomorrow, I hope to be adding another acronym behind my name. ;)
    > >
    > > Also, next week, my company is sending me and another tech to training for
    > > Server 2003. They're doing this for a few other techs too, but they'll be
    > > going at different times. I'm fortunate to be getting in early on that.
    > > know Server 2007 is practically just around the corner, but having the
    > > 2003
    > > knowledge will be nice in my eyes.

    Good luck to both of you in your exams. I have passed the 271 exam and have
    scheduled the 272 exam for 19th March - I think that for me 272 will be the
    easier of the two as I have more experience troubleshooting applications.

    Keith - do keep us posted as to how your 270 studies go. I have just bought
    the MS Press and ExamCram2 books for 270 and there looks to be a good deal of
    overlap between it and the MCDST exams, so hopefully it will be relatively
    easy.

    Best wishes.

    IT Girl

    TheITGirl, Feb 19, 2007
  4. I did it! Passed the 272 with a pretty decent score; higher than when I took
    the 271. On this, I scored an 809. Woo! There were a few tricky ones that
    came up but I just buckled down and carefully went over the options. A good
    majority of it was fairly "easy" though and I felt more and more confident as
    the questions rolled on.

    I took the exam at the same place I went to for an A+/Net+ combo course last
    year...I've just continued going there for other exams as the staff has been
    top-notch. I couldn't have picked a better training facility, seriously. I
    can't say enough good stuff about them. And today, they really surprised
    me...the advisor mentioned to me that they'd like me to go onboard teaching
    the A+/Net+ course! I couldn't believe it...they felt I had an excellent
    grasp on the material when I was there taking the course myself, and just
    being able to pass the exams so quickly really impressed them apparently.
    It's something I'm really gonna consider; it'd be mostly a side gig (just as
    most of the other instructors are there), and it's something I know.

    Frank Shannon, Feb 19, 2007
  5. Congratulation and welcome to the elite club of the MCDST. Your
    membership card should arrive in 8 to 12 months!

    --
    Michael D. Alligood
    MCSA, MCDST, MCP, A+,

    "Frank Shannon" <> wrote in