    a way to take pictures directly from the computer and bypass the memory
    card?

    Thanks.
    zara, Sep 25, 2006

  2. zara

    Stewy Guest

    In article <>,
    "zara" <> wrote:

    > We recently got an hp photosmart 618 camera. I was wondering if there's
    > a way to take pictures directly from the computer and bypass the memory
    > card?

    You mean use it as a webcam?
    Stewy, Sep 25, 2006

  3. zara

    Scott W Guest

    zara wrote:
    > We recently got an hp photosmart 618 camera. I was wondering if there's
    > a way to take pictures directly from the computer and bypass the memory
    > card?

    I know some cameras can do this but not all. If it can be done there
    should be
    software for it that came with the camera.

    Scott
    Scott W, Sep 25, 2006
  4. zara

    zara Guest

    "Stewy" <> wrote in message
    > In article <>,
    > "zara" <> wrote:
    >
    > > We recently got an hp photosmart 618 camera. I was wondering if

    there's
    > > a way to take pictures directly from the computer and bypass the

    memory
    > > card?

    > You mean use it as a webcam?

    If that would make it possible to send the picture directly to the
    computer, by passing the camera's memory card, then yes. (We don't have
    a memory card in our camera at present.)
    zara, Sep 25, 2006
  5. zara

    tomm42 Guest

    zara wrote:
    > "Stewy" <> wrote in message
    > > In article <>,
    > > "zara" <> wrote:
    > >
    > > > We recently got an hp photosmart 618 camera. I was wondering if

    > there's
    > > > a way to take pictures directly from the computer and bypass the

    > memory
    > > > card?

    > > You mean use it as a webcam?

    > If that would make it possible to send the picture directly to the
    > computer, by passing the camera's memory card, then yes. (We don't have
    > a memory card in our camera at present.)

    Unless the computer has wifi or has a direct capture feature, you need
    the card. With Wifi you need to be in the general area of the computer,
    thethering means you need a direct connection to the computer (ala web
    cam). Both of these senarios don't give much flexibility and are only
    available on certain cameras. Also most cameras need a card just to get
    them working, start it up and you get a message on the menu screen
    "Need Card" or "No Card Present".

    Tom
    tomm42, Sep 25, 2006