    Secondly is there any other non dslr camera will help in getting
    better pictures?

    With thanks in advance.

    arfam4, Jan 10, 2004

  2. Unless you can get a pro-quality Nikon or Canon DSLR at $1000 plus, for your
    situation you would probably be happier with a non digital slr. A fairly
    fast 200 or so telephoto lens and pushing film to 800-1600 asa would capture
    what you want.
    Inexpensive digitals are nice, but unfortunately you will have to be within
    about 11 feet of the subject for a good photograph in the situation you
    describe.

    Paul Riemerman

    Paul Riemerman, Jan 10, 2004

  3. "arfam4" <> wrote in message
    > Hi! I was photographing my daughter [in sixth grade]in X-mass show put
    > by the school in last December. Lighting was very poor. Even after
    > increasing the ISO to 400 ASA, the exposure was 1/4 sec at f2.6 at
    > telephoto end without flash. I used flash. The exposure was 1/100 f2.6
    > with flash. My camera was Olympus C-4040. The stage was about 25 to 30
    > feet from me.
    > How do I post pictures in this new group to show few pictures about
    > the lighting condition and get your advice?

    Don't. This NG hates attachments. Find somewhere else to put the pictures
    online, then post the url here.

    Marvin Margoshes, Jan 10, 2004
  4. arfam4

    unkown Guest

    Please do not post your pictures anywere. I do not know were you come from
    but in UK it is illegal to take pictures at school plays sporting events etc
    to protect the children from the possibility of perverts utalising the
    situation to take seemingly inocent snaps. To take these pictures you would
    have to get a consent form signed by the parents of all of the children in
    the event. I am sure you do not want to think of some pervert looking at
    pictures of your daughter that you and most of the rest of us consider
    inocent.

    Please protect the inocent.

    unkown, Jan 10, 2004
  5. arfam4

    steve Guest

    Re: Taking pictures of your children or grandchildren in X-mass showwith non dslr digital camera

    'The possibility of perverts .....'

    If the photos were not explicit in the first place I do not see a problem.

    steve

    steve, Jan 10, 2004
  6. I find it hard to get into that frame of mind. My parents took photos of me
    at the school Christmas shows, and their parents took photos of them at
    their Christmas shows.

    Paul Riemerman

    Paul Riemerman, Jan 11, 2004