    Because I have a son living in Aruba, one of the Dutch Antilles, I was
    wondering . Can I take my spa3000 box with me to Aruba and use it with my
    voipcheap account to make calls to my home??

    Guest, Oct 10, 2007

  2. Guest

    alexd Guest

    wrote:

    > Because I have a son living in Aruba, one of the Dutch Antilles, I was
    > wondering . Can I take my spa3000 box with me to Aruba and use it with my
    > voipcheap account to make calls to my home??

    So long as your internet connection supports it in Aruba, you shouldn't have
    a problem.

    --
    <http://ale.cx/> (AIM:troffasky) ()
    13:31:53 up 9 days, 15:20, 2 users, load average: 0.07, 0.10, 0.09

    alexd, Oct 10, 2007

  3. Guest

    Guest Guest

    And do they charge me for local rates or the dutch rates.
    With other words, do they (voipcheap) care where i'm calling from.

    <> schreef in bericht

    Guest, Oct 10, 2007
  4. Guest

    Christian Guest

    > And do they charge me for local rates or the dutch rates.

    They will charge you exactly the same as if you were in the Netherlands.

    > With other words, do they (voipcheap) care where i'm calling from.

    They don't care at all. For VoipCheap it doesn't matter if you log in with
    them at this side of the world or the other side, that's the nice thing
    about VOIP :)

    By the way, just so you know: there is a relatively active Dutch newsgroup
    about voip as well (xs4all.voip).

    Christian

    Christian, Oct 10, 2007
  5. Guest

    TheFug Guest

    Christian schreef:
    >> And do they charge me for local rates or the dutch rates.

    > They will charge you exactly the same as if you were in the Netherlands.
    >
    >> With other words, do they (voipcheap) care where i'm calling from.

    > They don't care at all. For VoipCheap it doesn't matter if you log in with
    > them at this side of the world or the other side, that's the nice thing
    > about VOIP :)
    >
    > By the way, just so you know: there is a relatively active Dutch newsgroup
    > about voip as well (xs4all.voip).
    >
    > Christian

    @OP: you need to edit any dial-out configs, if they are pre-set,
    and you don't dial codes like 0031/+31 yourself, if you already dialed
    those yourself for local and international, numbers, you don't notice
    any difference..

    --
    The Fug.

    TheFug, Oct 10, 2007
  6. "TheFug" <> wrote in message

    > @OP: you need to edit any dial-out configs, if they are pre-set,
    > and you don't dial codes like 0031/+31 yourself, if you already dialed
    > those yourself for local and international, numbers, you don't notice
    > any difference..

    Why should he have to change or edit any dial-out configs ?
    If it works at home, it will work in Aruba. He does not have to change
    anything !

    Philippe

    Philippe Deleye, Oct 10, 2007
  7. Guest

    Christian Guest

    > @OP: you need to edit any dial-out configs, if they are pre-set,
    > and you don't dial codes like 0031/+31 yourself, if you already dialed
    > those yourself for local and international, numbers, you don't notice
    > any difference..

    Nope, that is not true.

    Voipcheap's automatic dialling prefixes depend on what country you filled
    out when signing up. They do not change when you take your SPA-box (and
    VoipCheap-account) with you to Aruba, in this case you still dial 10-digits
    to dial a number in the Netherlands, so without the 0031.

    Christian

    Christian, Oct 10, 2007
  8. Guest

    Guest Guest

    About dailing:

    I have fixed this in my dailplan, so as far as hear you all, it wouldn't be
    a problem.

    thx for your help.

    <> schreef in bericht

    Guest, Oct 11, 2007
  9. Guest

    TheFug Guest

    schreef:
    > About dailing:
    >
    > I have fixed this in my dailplan, so as far as hear you all, it wouldn't be
    > a problem.
    >
    > thx for your help.
    >

    > <> schreef in bericht
    >> I'm using a linksys spa3000 and voipcheap for a year now with no big
    >> problems. I'm living in the Netherlands.
    >>
    >> Because I have a son living in Aruba, one of the Dutch Antilles, I was
    >> wondering . Can I take my spa3000 box with me to Aruba and use it with my
    >> voipcheap account to make calls to my home??

    I guess my answer was wrong ! you have to read the previous posts again,
    what i undestand of it, you don't have to change anything...

    --
    The Fug.

    TheFug, Oct 11, 2007