    Please can someone provide me with some advice about what to study?

    Thank you in advance :)
    , Sep 21, 2005

  2. Rowdy Yates Guest

    wrote in news:1127299458.087696.253840
    @g44g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:

    > Dear All,
    >
    > I have taken the 70-290 exam once and failed.

    LUSER!!

    I used MS Press to
    > study, downloaded brain dumps from transcender and used the test exams
    > on the media that comes with the MS book.

    A$$F

    > Please can someone provide me with some advice about what to study?

    TROLL A$$F

    > Thank you in advance :)

    thank you. come again.

    --
    Rowdy Yates, MCNGP Thug #39
    http://www.mcngp.com/
    Rowdy Yates, Sep 21, 2005

  3. Hi
    Transcender does not use dumps

    I have used MeasureUP and very satisfied
    now they include simulations also

    ________________________
    MCP, MCDBA, MCSA 2003, MCSE 2003, MCAD .NET

    Armen Kirakosyan, Sep 21, 2005
  4. T-Bone Guest

    <> wrote
    > I have taken the 70-290 exam once and failed. I used MS Press to
    > study, downloaded brain dumps from transcender and used the test exams
    > on the media that comes with the MS book.

    First of all, you had better learn the difference between dumps and
    legititmate practice exams. Transcenders, provided you purchased it directly
    from them, is legit. Braindumps are cheating.

    > Please can someone provide me with some advice about what to study?

    Study hands-on. Set up a test lab and practice, practice, practice. Then
    take a practice test, see where your weak areas sare and practice some more.
    --
    T-Bone
    MCNGP XL
    T-Bone, Sep 21, 2005
  5. MitchS Guest

    <> wrote in message
    > downloaded brain dumps

    ****************
    A.S.S.F.U.C.K.E.R.
    ****************
    --
    Mitch "yer such a JameFARKER" S.
    MCSA, A+, Net+, CCNA
    MitchS, Sep 21, 2005
  6. I found that 290 and 291 were not trying to determine just whether or not you
    can perform a task. They are also trying to determine if you understand the
    underlying concepts. This is a very good thing from a testing point of view
    as it weeds out the people that are good at remembering what to click.

    The tests are not only about configuring a server in a particular way. They
    are also about why you configure it in that fashion and how the underlying
    technologies work. When studying for an exam I make sure that I cover off all
    these areas for a particular topic in this order:

    1. Do I understand the underlying technology? For example with DHCP I
    captured traffic when making changes to the server so I could see what
    happens at a packet level.

    2. Why am I using this particular option in this instance? This one is
    crucial. It is not enough to know an option exists you must know when and why
    it is to be used. Using the DHCP example again you could ask why would I not
    configure the 003 Router option at the Server level. Why does this have to be
    at the scope level? The question is not just asking if you know about DHCP
    scope options. It is assessing your knowledge of IP networking.

    3. How do I configure the server to complete the task. This is the easiest
    part IMO. Now that I fully understand the underlying technologies (DHCP,
    Routing etc) how do I make a 2003 server do what I need.

    The big advantage with this approach is that the underlying technologies are
    not Windows specific. They are usually industry standards that are
    implemented in a range of OS's. If you understand the underlying concepts and
    technologies you can then apply the principles to any OS. Only the
    implementation varies.

    --
    BB
    ----------------
    =?Utf-8?B?NHg0aXNsaWZl?=, Sep 22, 2005
  7. Dave Guest

    "Rowdy Yates" <> wrote in message
    > wrote in news:1127299458.087696.253840
    > @g44g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:
    >
    >> Dear All,
    >>
    >> I have taken the 70-290 exam once and failed.

    > LUSER!!

    What an arsewipe reply that was.
    <snip>
    Dave, Sep 22, 2005
  8. kpg Guest

    Dave <> said something like

    > # Name resolution details: file://c:\temp\172902.htm (9/22/2005
    > 2:41:43 PM) # "Rowdy Yates" <> wrote in message
    >> wrote in
    >> news:1127299458.087696.253840 @g44g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:
    >>
    >>> Dear All,
    >>>
    >>> I have taken the 70-290 exam once and failed.

    >> LUSER!!

    > What an arsewipe reply that was.
    > <snip>

    It's OK.

    It's like Pavlov's dog; a conditioned response.

    I'll just wack him on the nose with this newspaper...

    Bad Rowdy, No! Bad!

    There, all better.

    kp "old dog, new trick" g
    kpg, Sep 22, 2005
  9. Dave Guest

    "kpg" <ipost@thereforeiam> wrote in message
    > Dave <> said something like
    >
    >> # Name resolution details: file://c:\temp\172902.htm (9/22/2005
    >> 2:41:43 PM) # "Rowdy Yates" <> wrote in message
    >>> wrote in
    >>> news:1127299458.087696.253840 @g44g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:

    >>> LUSER!!

    >> What an arsewipe reply that was.
    >> <snip>

    > It's OK.
    >
    > It's like Pavlov's dog; a conditioned response.
    >
    > I'll just wack him on the nose with this newspaper...
    >
    > Bad Rowdy, No! Bad!
    >
    > There, all better.
    >
    > kp "old dog, new trick" g

    Lol, very good. Problem solved.
    Dave, Sep 22, 2005
  10. Rowdy Yates Guest

    "Dave" <> wrote in

    > "Rowdy Yates" <> wrote in message
    >> wrote in
    >> news:1127299458.087696.253840 @g44g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:
    >>
    >>> Dear All,
    >>>
    >>> I have taken the 70-290 exam once and failed.

    >> LUSER!!

    > What an arsewipe reply that was.
    > <snip>

    yes. yes. i know. it's awful. bloody awful.

    but he thought he used brain dumps adn was happy about it which in my book
    makes him guilty guilty guilty.

    --
    Rowdy Yates, MCNGP Thug #39
    http://www.mcngp.com/