    Check it out at http://www.geektraders.com

    Later,
    Alex
    girl geek, Jul 25, 2004

  2. Re: Taking human photography to a new level - this is SPAM

    (girl geek) wrote in

    [SNIPPED]

    --
    "Live fast. Die young." (Nikki Sixx)

    -Richard Cockburn
    Richard Cockburn, Jul 25, 2004

  3. In article <>,
    (girl geek) wrote:

    CROSSPOSTED SPAM

    *DON'T WORRY* FEW WILL BUY FROM YOU NOW.
    Wise Ass Poaster, Jul 25, 2004
  4. girl geek

    Bert Hyman Guest

    In news:
    (girl geek) wrote:

    > I accidently found this site through askjeeves.

    Of ->course you did, Phil.

    --
    Bert Hyman St. Paul, MN
    Bert Hyman, Jul 25, 2004
  5. Not much of a geek or a photographer. FWI jpegs work much better than
    gifs. As for your photography skills, you may want to work on that. As
    for your model, make up does wonders. or find a hottie that is a bit
    younger. Buy a high end digital like a Fuji Finepix S7000. Watch for
    hot spots. Better yet find a competent photog in your area and pay
    them.

    Mike

    On 25 Jul 2004 07:58:57 -0700, (girl geek)
    wrote:

    >FYI:
    >I accidently found this site through askjeeves. This seems like an
    >interesting way to get people to a site. The site owner used a model
    >(near-nude) to display auction items. Very creative. Looks like
    >painters plastic was used as a backdrop!
    >
    >Check it out at http://www.geektraders.com
    >
    >Later,
    >Alex

    Drop PANTS before emailing.
    An education teaches you that you don't know everything.
    Intelligence means you know where to find the information you are lacking.
    mgbio
    Billy Goat Gruff III, Jul 25, 2004
  6. girl geek

    Tony Spadaro Guest

    I would say your pathetic auction site will last about two weeks, as
    hundreds of angry people flood it with fake ids and bids so you end up
    selling none of the crap. I think I'll sign up and make a few killer bids
    right now.

    --
    http://www.chapelhillnoir.com
    home of The Camera-ist's Manifesto

    Tony Spadaro, Jul 25, 2004
  7. girl geek

    jjs Guest

    Why diminish the quality of the item with a picture of a woman? The woman
    isn't for sale. Or is she? Pardon me, but I think any of us can do better
    than that IRL.
    jjs, Jul 25, 2004
  8. The "no bids" across the board says it all.

    The model has MILF potential!

    Some people claim that there's a woman to blame, but I think it's all...

    Richard's fault!

    Visit the Sounds of the cul-de-sac at www.richardsfault.com
    richardsfault, Jul 25, 2004
  9. girl geek

    jjs Guest

    "richardsfault" <> wrote in message

    > Cheap digital camera + web access + site-building tools + Jr. high
    > schooler + woman with questionable judgement = DISASTER

    Shhhh. It might be his mother.
    jjs, Jul 25, 2004
  10. Cheap digital camera + web access + site-building tools + Jr. high

    Visit the Sounds of the cul-de-sac at www.richardsfault.com
    richardsfault, Jul 25, 2004
  11. On Sun, 25 Jul 2004 13:29:26 -0500, "jjs" <>
    wrote:

    >"richardsfault" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> Cheap digital camera + web access + site-building tools + Jr. high
    >> schooler + woman with questionable judgement = DISASTER

    >Shhhh. It might be his mother.

    I was thinking the same thing but didn't want to be that mean.

    The model is not unattractive, but she is not doing herself any favors
    by appearing here!

    If you took out that aspect, there is really nothing wrong with the
    site.

    The site has a message board. Perhaps we should all post some
    constructive criticism. No flames or meanness just in case it is an
    honest newbie mistake.

    Visit the Sounds of the cul-de-sac at www.richardsfault.com
    richardsfault, Jul 25, 2004
  12. The message board requires registration. I sent this e-mail:

    Sent to:

    Subject: Constructive criticism

    This site was promoted in several photography newsgroups, and it has
    not been received in the matter that you may have hoped.

    The way in wish you use a female model to accent merchandise is in
    poor taste. The female form has effectively been used many times for
    marketing, but that is best left to the pros. My suggestion would be
    to avoid using this tactic at all.

    Otherwise, it looks like a well laid-out site that is a needed
    alternative to Ebay. It will be an uphill battle competing with them.

    I wish your venture the best of luck, and hope you will accept my
    constructive criticism.

    Visit the Sounds of the cul-de-sac at www.richardsfault.com
    richardsfault, Jul 25, 2004
  13. girl geek

    John McGraw Guest

    "Tony Spadaro" <> wrote in message news:<1XRMc.179080$>...
    > I would say your pathetic auction site will last about two weeks, as
    > hundreds of angry people flood it with fake ids and bids so you end up
    > selling none of the crap. I think I'll sign up and make a few killer bids
    > right now.
    >
    > --
    > http://www.chapelhillnoir.com
    > home of The Camera-ist's Manifesto
    > The Improved Links Pages are at
    > A sample chapter from my novel "Haight-Ashbury" is at
    > "girl geek" <> wrote in message
    > > FYI:
    > > I accidently found this site through askjeeves. This seems like an
    > > interesting way to get people to a site. The site owner used a model
    > > (near-nude) to display auction items. Very creative. Looks like
    > > painters plastic was used as a backdrop!
    > >
    > > Check it out at http://www.geekshitters.com
    > >
    > > Later,
    > > Alex

    Geessh! It's not that bigga deal. Of course it's not in very good
    taste. So what! We're not the Victorian morals or esthetics police,
    are we? Have a chuckle & get over it. John
    John McGraw, Jul 26, 2004