    Anyone give me an idea?
    How many girls have passed out there?

    Thanks

    Stacie, Nov 14, 2003

  2. Stacie

    Guest Guest

    Hello,

    I also stury directly from books. The last time i had a
    formal training in classroom is for VB 3.0 around 10 years
    back.

    Personally, i will be surprised to know that there is any
    relationship between having taken any courses and success
    rate at certification.

    To find out about gender-based classification of certified
    candidates, try looking at http://www.mcpmag.com.

    Regards,

    Guest, Nov 14, 2003

  3. Stacie

    Stacie Guest

    Thanks for the link!
    I see exams and study tools there.
    So, that is more important than a gender statistic.
    Found many good links at this newsgroup and very helpful
    comrades.
    Very appreciative!!!

    Cheers.

    Stacie, Nov 14, 2003
  4. Stacie

    Kline Sphere Guest

    >How many girls have passed out there?

    They are far to smart to know not to waste their time with ms certs!

    Kline Sphere, Nov 14, 2003
  5. Stacie

    Moe Guest

    Personally, I consider it meaningless whether Microsoft
    recommends a given book. I look at newsgroups like this
    on - and also reviews of books on Amazon.com. Hopefully,
    these are honest and unbiased opinions.

    Microsoft, obviously, is just trying to sell you books.

    Moe, Nov 15, 2003
  6. Stacie

    Stacie Guest

    "Time is wasted" "BSCS degree wasted".......
    being bypassed for any intelligent employement
    opportunities.
    Bad economy, I know.....
    What else is a girl to do?
    MCSD, MCSE...might at least look better following the
    title "bafoon". Or so I feel. Hee Hee.

    Anyone else struggling?

    I like everyone's advise so far.
    So, do you have any more?

    Stacie, Nov 15, 2003
  7. Stacie

    Stacie Guest

    Yes, these groups are comforting and helpful.

    Thanks!!!

    Stacie, Nov 15, 2003
  8. Stacie

    Kline Sphere Guest

    >"Time is wasted" "BSCS degree wasted".......

    Definitely not.

    >being bypassed for any intelligent employement
    >opportunities.

    >Bad economy, I know.....

    Nothing compared to the early 90's.

    >What else is a girl to do?

    No comment!

    >MCSD, MCSE...might at least look better following the
    >title "bafoon". Or so I feel. Hee Hee.

    lol!

    >Anyone else struggling?

    From what I hear many people are struggling. However those people with
    good business knowledge as well as sound technical ability do not seem
    to have too much of a problem. Once again expereince counts about all
    else....

    I guess there are many factors to take into account such as business
    sector, geographical location, expected salary etc.

    >I like everyone's advise so far.
    >So, do you have any more?

    Don't give up; or if you do, make sure you become a lawyer!

    Kline Sphere, Nov 15, 2003
  9. Stacie

    Stacie Guest

    I don't want to poke fun at this chat session by going
    off the subject........

    But why should I become a lawyer?

    Very interesting comment.
    I have a parlegal cert too.

    Over educated inexperienced Las Vegas chick.

    BTW, Comdex is here.

    Anyone want me to try to win free stuff?

    Okay, in all seriousness....thanks for the
    encouragement....no experience is the problem....

    Thank you Kline.

    Stacie

    those people with

    Stacie, Nov 16, 2003
  10. Stacie

    Guest Guest

    PS. I called you Kline and was wondering........

    Is Kline Sphere your name or are you a homeomorphism
    between the 3-sphere and the sum of two solid horned
    spheres?

    Now, I'll retire the kidding and commence in all
    seriousness.

    Seriously.
    Stacie

    Guest, Nov 16, 2003
  11. Stacie

    Kline Sphere Guest

    >But why should I become a lawyer?

    Money.....

    Kline Sphere, Nov 16, 2003
  12. Stacie

    Kline Sphere Guest

    >Is Kline Sphere your name or are you a homeomorphism
    >between the 3-sphere and the sum of two solid horned
    >spheres?

    Bing-go!

    Kline Sphere, Nov 16, 2003
  13. wrote:

    > Is Kline Sphere your name or are you a homeomorphism
    > between the 3-sphere and the sum of two solid horned
    > spheres?

    Ha ha! She said, "horned sphere."

    General Protection Fault, Nov 17, 2003
  14. Stacie wrote:
    > I don't want to poke fun at this chat session by going
    > off the subject........
    >
    > But why should I become a lawyer?

    Money.

    > Very interesting comment.
    > I have a parlegal cert too.
    >
    > Over educated inexperienced Las Vegas chick.

    But R U HAWT?

    > BTW, Comdex is here.
    >
    > Anyone want me to try to win free stuff?

    I collect Frisbees (go figure)

    > Okay, in all seriousness....thanks for the
    > encouragement....no experience is the problem....

    Volunteer. Libraries, schools, non-profit organizations, etc.

    --
    Fris "Former Vegasite" bee® MCNGP #13

    http://www.mcngp.tk
    The MCNGP Team - We're here to help

    =?iso-8859-1?Q?Frisbee=AE_MCNGP?=, Nov 17, 2003
  15. =?iso-8859-1?Q?Frisbee=AE_MCNGP?=, Nov 17, 2003
  16. Stacie

    Stacie Guest

    That's worth it.

    Stacie, Nov 17, 2003
  17. Stacie

    Stacie Guest

    >But R U HAWT?

    HAWT? Meaning Hot? I couldn't answer that. However, I
    do not fit the stigma for IT, CS, programmer, Tech, or
    any other title that commands "respect". It's a double
    edged sword.
    Hope that helps.

    >> BTW, Comdex is here.
    >>
    >> Anyone want me to try to win free stuff?

    >I collect Frisbees (go figure)

    Just got back from Comdex, and didn't find any frizbees.
    I'll try tomorrow. All they were giving away was cute
    flashing pins. Want one? ( If they're not out by
    tomorrow ).

    >> Okay, in all seriousness....thanks for the
    >> encouragement....no experience is the problem....

    >Volunteer. Libraries, schools, non-profit

    organizations, etc.

    Yes, I've tried to approach it that way. Libraries only
    need network support people they don't develop....and
    those are State employees, so you can't volunteer there.
    Same with schools.

    But the NPO thing might be worth trying.

    I would gladly work for free to prove myself.
    One look at me, and I never get the
    chance....besides......development involves a companies
    most top secret stuff and they're not inclined to let you
    into their world.

    THANKS FOR YOUR INFO!!!!

    Stacie, Nov 17, 2003
  18. Stacie

    Guest Guest

    homeo, too

    Guest, Nov 17, 2003
  19. Stacie wrote:
    >> But R U HAWT?
    >>

    > HAWT? Meaning Hot? I couldn't answer that. However, I
    > do not fit the stigma for IT, CS, programmer, Tech, or
    > any other title that commands "respect". It's a double
    > edged sword.
    > Hope that helps.

    I read/post rec.sport.football.college... sorry, they've corrupted me. Even
    more than the microsoft.public.cert.* groups.

    >>> BTW, Comdex is here.
    >>>
    >>> Anyone want me to try to win free stuff?

    >> I collect Frisbees (go figure)

    > Just got back from Comdex, and didn't find any frizbees.
    > I'll try tomorrow. All they were giving away was cute
    > flashing pins. Want one? ( If they're not out by
    > tomorrow ).

    I'll bet you could sell them on eBay.

    >>> Okay, in all seriousness....thanks for the
    >>> encouragement....no experience is the problem....

    >> Volunteer. Libraries, schools, non-profit organizations, etc.

    > Yes, I've tried to approach it that way. Libraries only
    > need network support people they don't develop....and
    > those are State employees, so you can't volunteer there.
    > Same with schools.

    Sorry, even though I'm a developer, too, I do most of my reading/posting in
    the MCSE group and I forgot I was posting in the MCSD group. You're right,
    not much development opportunities in the first two suggestions.

    > But the NPO thing might be worth trying.
    >
    > I would gladly work for free to prove myself.
    > One look at me, and I never get the
    > chance....besides......development involves a companies
    > most top secret stuff and they're not inclined to let you
    > into their world.
    >
    > THANKS FOR YOUR INFO!!!!

    Sometimes I'm helpful, even when I'm mostly joking around. I'm strange like
    that.

    --
    Fris "Ask my wife" bee® MCNGP #13

    =?iso-8859-1?Q?Frisbee=AE_MCNGP?=, Nov 17, 2003
  20. Kline Sphere wrote:
    >> HAWT? Meaning Hot? I couldn't answer that.

    > A picture will do...

    GIFS!!!11!!!1!1!!

    =?iso-8859-1?Q?Frisbee=AE_MCNGP?=, Nov 17, 2003