    wondering, if he takes my Packet8 box with him, will he have US dial
    tone in Singapore?

    Carl Navarro

    Carl Navarro, May 10, 2005

  2. Carl Navarro

    Ivor Jones Guest

    "Carl Navarro" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > My customer is going to Singapore next month for a week. I'm
    > wondering, if he takes my Packet8 box with him, will he have US dial
    > tone in Singapore?
    >
    > Carl Navarro

    Assuming there is a broadband connection available then it should work the
    same anywhere.

    Ivor

    Ivor Jones, May 10, 2005

  3. Carl Navarro

    Miguel Cruz Guest

    Carl Navarro <> wrote:
    > My customer is going to Singapore next month for a week. I'm
    > wondering, if he takes my Packet8 box with him, will he have US dial
    > tone in Singapore?

    I don't see why not. I live in Malaysia (Singapore's northern neighbor, with
    vastly crappier broadband than Singapore) and US-based VoIP works fine for
    me here.

    Come to think of it, I have used my VoIP box at Singapore airport. Gotta
    love those desks with power ports and free ethernet jacks for long layovers.
    Plug in the computer and the VoIP box and you've got your whole office set
    up in the C concourse at Terminal 1.

    miguel

    Miguel Cruz, May 10, 2005