    FlaskMpeg but I have to encode them to *something* and I just want to be
    able to rip "title 2" and have that programme ripped off the DVDRW. Does
    anyone understand what I am trying to do and have advice?
    cowboyz, Jul 14, 2004

  2. cowboyz

    Collector_NZ Guest

    cowboyz said the following on 14/07/2004 18:46:

    > I have a philips DVDR75 and used a DVDRW to record a few programs. When you
    > put the disc into the DVDR75 it comes up with a menu asking which title you
    > want to play. For instance. Title 1 is dora the explorer. title 2 is Lion
    > man. Title 3 is nightline.
    >
    > What I wanted to do was to put that disc in my PC and rip the lion man
    > programme and keep it till next week and then do the same and then burn a
    > heap of episodes back onto DVDR so they are all together.
    >
    > I have tried a few rippers (smart ripper, dvdclad, dvd decrypter) but they
    > just rip the VOB files and then I can't split them. Well I can using
    > FlaskMpeg but I have to encode them to *something* and I just want to be
    > able to rip "title 2" and have that programme ripped off the DVDRW. Does
    > anyone understand what I am trying to do and have advice?

    Do the disks play in a standard dvd player?

    --
    Those who are too smart to engage in politics are punished by being
    governed by those who are dumber.
    Collector_NZ, Jul 14, 2004

  3. cowboyz

    cowboyz Guest

    Collector_NZ wrote:
    > cowboyz said the following on 14/07/2004 18:46:
    >
    >> I have a philips DVDR75 and used a DVDRW to record a few programs.
    >> When you put the disc into the DVDR75 it comes up with a menu asking
    >> which title you want to play. For instance. Title 1 is dora the
    >> explorer. title 2 is Lion man. Title 3 is nightline.
    >>
    >> What I wanted to do was to put that disc in my PC and rip the lion
    >> man programme and keep it till next week and then do the same and
    >> then burn a heap of episodes back onto DVDR so they are all together.
    >>
    >> I have tried a few rippers (smart ripper, dvdclad, dvd decrypter)
    >> but they just rip the VOB files and then I can't split them. Well I
    >> can using FlaskMpeg but I have to encode them to *something* and I
    >> just want to be able to rip "title 2" and have that programme ripped
    >> off the DVDRW. Does anyone understand what I am trying to do and
    >> have advice?
    >>

    > Do the disks play in a standard dvd player?

    yes they do. why?
    cowboyz, Jul 14, 2004
  4. cowboyz

    Allistar Guest

    cowboyz wrote:

    > I have a philips DVDR75 and used a DVDRW to record a few programs. When
    > you put the disc into the DVDR75 it comes up with a menu asking which
    > title you
    > want to play. For instance. Title 1 is dora the explorer. title 2 is
    > Lion
    > man. Title 3 is nightline.
    >
    > What I wanted to do was to put that disc in my PC and rip the lion man
    > programme and keep it till next week and then do the same and then burn a
    > heap of episodes back onto DVDR so they are all together.
    >
    > I have tried a few rippers (smart ripper, dvdclad, dvd decrypter) but they
    > just rip the VOB files and then I can't split them. Well I can using
    > FlaskMpeg but I have to encode them to *something* and I just want to be
    > able to rip "title 2" and have that programme ripped off the DVDRW. Does
    > anyone understand what I am trying to do and have advice?

    transcode allows you to rip specified titles/chapters from a DVD to your
    hard drive.

    Allistar.
    Allistar, Jul 14, 2004
  5. cowboyz

    JedMeister Guest

    You could demultiplex the vob file into it's video and audio components.

    Go to www.dvdrhelp.com, this has heaps of info and guides on how to do this.

    JedMeister, Jul 14, 2004
  6. cowboyz

    cowboyz Guest

    JedMeister wrote:
    > You could demultiplex the vob file into it's video and audio
    > components.
    >
    > Go to www.dvdrhelp.com, this has heaps of info and guides on how to
    > do this.

    Yeah, I could and I did for that one but it seems silly and a waste of time.
    I have vob file. I want vob file. Why can't I just cut the file. Damn
    thing pissed me off but in a run around I did what I wanted. Takes time
    though. Will be easier and quicker to use 1 dvd for each program and record
    them with the standalone rather than working with the files later.

    Interesting to note that with the DVDR I had some chapters hidden (ads) and
    after it rips those titles don't hold their hidden status. Bugger really.
    cowboyz, Jul 14, 2004
  7. cowboyz

    SteveM Guest

    "cowboyz" <> wrote in news:cd2ksr$n4$:

    > I have a philips DVDR75 and used a DVDRW to record a few programs.
    > When you put the disc into the DVDR75 it comes up with a menu asking
    > which title you want to play. For instance. Title 1 is dora the
    > explorer. title 2 is Lion man. Title 3 is nightline.
    >
    > What I wanted to do was to put that disc in my PC and rip the lion man
    > programme and keep it till next week and then do the same and then
    > burn a heap of episodes back onto DVDR so they are all together.
    >
    > I have tried a few rippers (smart ripper, dvdclad, dvd decrypter) but
    > they just rip the VOB files and then I can't split them. Well I can
    > using FlaskMpeg but I have to encode them to *something* and I just
    > want to be able to rip "title 2" and have that programme ripped off
    > the DVDRW. Does anyone understand what I am trying to do and have
    > advice?

    Did you try DVD Decrypter in IFO mode??
    With a "normal" Dvd, this mode will allow you to choose individual
    chapters inside a VOB file and save them seperately.

    I do not know how your DVD is formatted but this may be an option?

    SteveM
    SteveM, Jul 14, 2004
  8. cowboyz

    Collector Guest

    cowboyz said the following on 14/07/2004 19:19:
    > Collector_NZ wrote:
    >
    >>cowboyz said the following on 14/07/2004 18:46:
    >>

    >>>I have a philips DVDR75 and used a DVDRW to record a few programs.
    >>>When you put the disc into the DVDR75 it comes up with a menu asking
    >>>which title you want to play. For instance. Title 1 is dora the
    >>>explorer. title 2 is Lion man. Title 3 is nightline.
    >>>
    >>>What I wanted to do was to put that disc in my PC and rip the lion
    >>>man programme and keep it till next week and then do the same and
    >>>then burn a heap of episodes back onto DVDR so they are all together.
    >>>
    >>>I have tried a few rippers (smart ripper, dvdclad, dvd decrypter)
    >>>but they just rip the VOB files and then I can't split them. Well I
    >>>can using FlaskMpeg but I have to encode them to *something* and I
    >>>just want to be able to rip "title 2" and have that programme ripped
    >>>off the DVDRW. Does anyone understand what I am trying to do and
    >>>have advice?
    >>>

    >>Do the disks play in a standard dvd player?

    > yes they do. why?

    Okay that tells me that they are a standard DVD acceptable format Mpeg 2
    probably.

    The only thing is they may have macrovision of similar protection.

    Goto doom9 or DVDdigest and have a read so that you can rip the tracks
    you want.
    Collector, Jul 14, 2004
  9. cowboyz

    cowboyz Guest

    Collector wrote:
    > cowboyz said the following on 14/07/2004 19:19:
    >> Collector_NZ wrote:

    >>> Do the disks play in a standard dvd player?

    >> yes they do. why?
    >>

    > Okay that tells me that they are a standard DVD acceptable format
    > Mpeg 2 probably.
    >
    > The only thing is they may have macrovision of similar protection.
    >
    > Goto doom9 or DVDdigest and have a read so that you can rip the tracks
    > you want.

    ok. I got cladDVDnet to rip by title. Not terribly clear and easy but it
    does it. The funny thing is the titles don't line up with the titles on
    the DVD. For instance. When you play title 1 on the DVD (in a standalone
    dvd player or a dvd in PC) it is Dora. But if I rip title 1 it is lion man
    which is title 2 on the DVD. Doesn't matter. It is more or less working
    now.
    cowboyz, Jul 14, 2004
  10. In article <cd48qv$3c3$>, "cowboyz" <>
    wrote:

    >The funny thing is the titles don't line up with the titles on
    >the DVD. For instance. When you play title 1 on the DVD (in a standalone
    >dvd player or a dvd in PC) it is Dora. But if I rip title 1 it is lion man
    >which is title 2 on the DVD.

    Maybe one is numbering from 0, the other from 1?
    Lawrence D¹Oliveiro, Jul 15, 2004
  11. cowboyz

    cowboyz Guest

    Lawrence D¹Oliveiro wrote:
    > In article <cd48qv$3c3$>, "cowboyz" <>
    > wrote:
    >
    >> The funny thing is the titles don't line up with the titles on
    >> the DVD. For instance. When you play title 1 on the DVD (in a
    >> standalone dvd player or a dvd in PC) it is Dora. But if I rip
    >> title 1 it is lion man which is title 2 on the DVD.

    > Maybe one is numbering from 0, the other from 1?

    That makes sense. I'll check next time I do it.
    cowboyz, Jul 15, 2004