    after 5). Ive been in a MCSE course covering all exams in a 5 day period
    using some study aids and taking test. I know the material but am scared
    to death of taking it, i hear its not that bad is that true???

    Raymond Munyan, Nov 27, 2004

  2. Raymond Munyan

    catwalker63 Guest

    Raymond Munyan <> prattled ceaslessly in

    > Taking 70-290 on tuesday, ive been an IT professional using MS NT 4.0
    > and 2000 server for over 10 years, no certifications (my old employer
    > didnt require and thought i be there for 15 years until i got laid off
    > after 5). Ive been in a MCSE course covering all exams in a 5 day
    > period using some study aids and taking test. I know the material but
    > am scared to death of taking it, i hear its not that bad is that
    > true???

    It's long and tiring but if you know your stuff you should be fine. Get
    plenty of rest before hand. I'm not sure I'd take this exam after only
    a 5 day course, but if you feel confident you know the material, go for
    it.

    --
    Catwalker
    aka Pu$$y Feet

    "I'm not bossy! I just know what you should be doing!"

    catwalker63, Nov 27, 2004

  3. Raymond Munyan

    Kurt Guest

    If you know yer stuff, its not that bad. Don't get me wrong, the questions
    are tough and you need to know the definitive "Microsoft way" they should be
    answered (sometimes you need to know the MS way just to know what they're
    REALLY asking). 10 years experience if you've been doing actual MS admin
    stuff is a big benefit. If you were weak on any of the points in your 5-day
    boot camp, go over them. Try some online practice tests. Go for the first
    one and see how you do, then you'll have a feel for both the level of
    proficiency required to pass and the flavor of the questions. An with a
    little luck, you'll pass!

    ....kurt

    Kurt, Nov 28, 2004
  4. You can download a trail version of Server 2003 from microsoft to play with
    to help you. (assuming you have an extra computer or set up a dual boot)
    Good luck

    =?Utf-8?B?U3RldmU=?=, Nov 28, 2004
  5. Raymond Munyan

    nerd32768 Guest

    "Steve" <> wrote in message
    > You can download a trail version of Server 2003 from microsoft to play

    with
    > to help you. (assuming you have an extra computer or set up a dual boot)
    > Good luck

    he probably wont get much out of playing around with 2003 with his test
    being on tuesday

    nerd32768, Nov 28, 2004
  6. >I know the material but am scared
    >to death of taking it

    if you're 'scared to death' of taking these type of tests, how on
    earth did you did through college!

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

    The Poster Formerly Known as Kline Sphere, Nov 28, 2004
  7. Raymond Munyan

    Neil Guest

    did you hear The Poster Formerly Known as Kline Sphere <.> say in

    > if you're 'scared to death' of taking these type of tests, how on
    > earth did you did through college!

    actually I beleive that fear of the exams is more common place. I also
    think it is a healthy thing, like fear of death causing someone to fight
    or flight. If you are not strong enough to face the exam, flee...

    (you are however likely to find the exam nothing compared to your fears
    of it)

    --
    Neil MCNGP #30
    -- a qoute by Doug Adams (Author of the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy)

    Neil, Nov 29, 2004
  8. To be honest, I still get that dry mouth feeling while waiting for the
    pass/no pass screen :) I've been known to get up and walk out, letting the
    girls tell me I passed or not! No matter how many tests you take, you can
    still get that feeling of "do I really know what I'm doing?"

    Wayne

    Wayne McGlinn, Nov 29, 2004
  9. Raymond Munyan

    Neil Guest

    did you hear "Wayne McGlinn" <> say in news:#ZUTO7l1EHA.1204
    @TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl:

    > To be honest, I still get that dry mouth feeling while waiting for the
    > pass/no pass screen

    me too...waiting for Mr. Green Bar...40+ exams later and it still makes you
    question yourself no matter how well you know the material.

    --
    Neil MCNGP #30

    Neil, Nov 29, 2004
  10. >> if you're 'scared to death' of taking these type of tests, how on
    >> earth did you did through college!

    >actually I beleive that fear of the exams is more common place. I also
    >think it is a healthy thing, like fear of death causing someone to fight
    >or flight. If you are not strong enough to face the exam, flee...
    >
    >(you are however likely to find the exam nothing compared to your fears
    >of it)

    Well actually I'd say it shows a kinda lack of confidence. Succeeding
    in life is all about having confidence in your own ability and knowing
    how to improve your ability to succeed.

    People should save their fears for when/if they have to go for a
    cancer test or for brain scan, not for these simple tests where either
    way, the outcome is meaningless.

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

    The Poster Formerly Known as Kline Sphere, Nov 30, 2004
  11. I agree with that!! I've done 10+ MCP's and it is always the same close your
    eyes for the few seconds you have to wait for the result. For the 70-290 its
    tougher than server but make sure you know all the RIS stuff and the
    switches. You'll probably use Ghost like the rest of the world after the
    exam.

    I guess you've had you exam now? good news?
    Monty

    =?Utf-8?B?TW9udHk=?=, Nov 30, 2004
  12. Raymond Munyan

    > Well actually I'd say it shows a kinda lack of confidence. Succeeding
    > in life is all about having confidence in your own ability and knowing
    > how to improve your ability to succeed.

    2 items here:
    a) confidence is one thing but this has more to do with courage. I know
    some people who are confident in thier capabilities but have an unnatural
    fear of _tests_.
    ii) What does the MS exam process have to do with "Succeeding in life"? <g>

    --
    Neil MCNGP #30

    Neil, Nov 30, 2004
  13. >2 items here:
    >a) confidence is one thing but this has more to do with courage. I know
    >some people who are confident in thier capabilities but have an unnatural
    >fear of _tests_.

    That's nonsense to me. Like people who are afraid of interviews, just
    see it as it is and use the experience gained by it.

    >ii) What does the MS exam process have to do with "Succeeding in life"? <g>

    exactly!

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

    The Poster Formerly Known as Kline Sphere, Nov 30, 2004
  14. Raymond Munyan

    >>some people who are confident in thier capabilities but have an
    >>unnatural fear of _tests_.

    > That's nonsense to me.

    note that I said _UNNATURAL_. Phobias are not rational, so they are
    nonsense to most right thinking poeple. I personally have Briscoephobia,
    the unnatural fear that Ken is stalking me with a knife....

    --
    Neil MCNGP #30

    Neil, Nov 30, 2004
  15. Raymond Munyan

    JaR Guest

    > note that I said _UNNATURAL_. Phobias are not rational, so they are
    > nonsense to most right thinking poeple. I personally have Briscoephobia,
    > the unnatural fear that Ken is stalking me with a knife....

    No, actually I think that's real.

    JaR
    Reassuring Thug

    JaR, Nov 30, 2004
  16. Raymond Munyan

    Ken Briscoe Guest

    In news:Xns95B170DDF6A66plentespamsuxsofthom@207.46.248.16,
    JaR <> rambled:

    > In microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse, Neil climbed on a soapbox &
    > opined:
    >
    >> note that I said _UNNATURAL_. Phobias are not rational, so they are
    >> nonsense to most right thinking poeple. I personally have
    >> Briscoephobia, the unnatural fear that Ken is stalking me with a
    >> knife....

    > No, actually I think that's real.

    it is real

    --

    KB - MCNGP "silent thug" #26

    Briscobar AT gmail DOT com

    Ken Briscoe, Nov 30, 2004
  17. Raymond Munyan

    JaR Guest

    In microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse, Ken Briscoe climbed on a soapbox &
    opined:

    > In news:Xns95B170DDF6A66plentespamsuxsofthom@207.46.248.16,
    > JaR <> rambled:
    >>
    >> In microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse, Neil climbed on a soapbox &
    >> opined:
    >>
    >>> note that I said _UNNATURAL_. Phobias are not rational, so they are
    >>> nonsense to most right thinking poeple. I personally have
    >>> Briscoephobia, the unnatural fear that Ken is stalking me with a
    >>> knife....

    >> No, actually I think that's real.
    >>

    > it is real

    Updates?

    JaR, Nov 30, 2004

  18. >-----Original Message-----
    >did you hear The Poster Formerly Known as Kline Sphere

    <.> say in

    >>>some people who are confident in thier capabilities but

    have an
    >>>unnatural fear of _tests_.

    >> That's nonsense to me.

    >note that I said _UNNATURAL_. Phobias are not rational,

    so they are
    >nonsense to most right thinking poeple.

    So... what does it mean if I have a fear of phobias??? Oh
    Damn.. here we go agaiN!!!

    Keyboard Cowboy, Nov 30, 2004
  19. Raymond Munyan

    Ken Briscoe Guest

    In news:Xns95B1723BCE508plentespamsuxsofthom@207.46.248.16,
    JaR <> rambled:

    > In microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse, Ken Briscoe climbed on a soapbox &
    > opined:
    >
    >> In news:Xns95B170DDF6A66plentespamsuxsofthom@207.46.248.16,
    >> JaR <> rambled:
    >>>
    >>> In microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse, Neil climbed on a soapbox &
    >>> opined:

    >>> No, actually I think that's real.
    >>>

    >> it is real
    >>

    > Updates?

    the best

    --

    KB - MCNGP "silent thug" #26

    Briscobar AT gmail DOT com

    Ken Briscoe, Nov 30, 2004
  20. Raymond Munyan

    T-Bone Guest

    "Raymond Munyan" <> wrote
    > I know the material but am scared
    > to death of taking it, i hear its not that bad is that true???

    Late.
    Late at night.
    When the world sleeps.
    You are there alone.
    You have come to face your fears, unknowingly.
    They are there...your fears.
    They are always with you.
    Lurking, scurrying, hiding, waiting.
    They are there, and then they suddenly disappear.
    Though they may be gone they are never far and late at night you can
    confront your fears.
    There they are...confronted fears!
    Fears of hunger, fears of pain, fears of missing that last late train.
    Fears of dentists always drilling, fears that no one will be willing....
    to see you as you know you really are.
    However, once these fears can be counted and compelled...
    they can quickly be dispelled...
    like figments of your own imagination.

    Still, there are other fears.
    Fears of snakes, fears of cats of black, fears of dread and disease and
    fears of rats.
    Fears of that black unknown terror...of never coming back.
    Fears of elevators falling, or the tax man one day calling and the
    uninvited crawling of yourself deep within a clammy, dank, dingy cellar
    where the spiders weave about your fingers and the worms, and the bugs and
    the creepy crawly things that squirm and squiggle at your feet.
    Yet, once these fears can be counted and compelled, they can quickly be
    dispelled...
    like figments of your own imagination.

    Then there are other fears.
    Fears of bullets, fears of blades, fears of dread.
    Fear of something metal connecting with your head.
    Fear of word loss when most needed and the fear of something never being
    said
    Or waking up one morning, only to discover you are dead.
    Yet, once these fears have been counted and compelled, they can quickly
    be dispelled...
    like figments of your own imagination.

    Then there is the last fear.
    It has a name.
    Just about the time you are past fear.
    The one that really is final.
    It will come.
    Yours...and mine.
    In the darkest of the night it will come without a fight.
    It will count you.
    It will compel you.
    Then it will casually
    Dispel you.
    Like a figment of its own imagination.

    As performed by Zero Mostel on The Muppet Show. Still looking for the
    original author.

    T-Bone
    MCNGP XL

    T-Bone, Nov 30, 2004