    I expected to pay maybe $40-$50 for this DVD. But $99?? When the actual
    price of a DVD is DOUBLE what you thought it would be.....Guess I will just
    watch the video I taped off of Sci-fi.
    rwright, Oct 21, 2003

  2. rwright

    TSKO Guest

    I thought the same thing.....its $89 at Best Buy...but I was expecting $50
    (or so).....oh well.....they are not forcing me to buy it I guess...

    TSKO, Oct 21, 2003

  3. Well, the Simpsons is like $35, and thats about 8 hours long. Taken is
    about 16-18 hours long, so you'd just figure it's about twice as much as the
    Simpsons at $35, that gives me $70. Okay, market it, $69.99.

    The thing I don't get is this was on the Sci-Fi channel. It's basic cable
    (I'd think everywhere, but atleast AFAIK).

    I can see how they can get the Sopranos to be $89.99, even though its 13
    hours long. That's HBO, that's premium cable. If you don't get HBO, then
    this is how you can watch the show, great show btw.

    Anonymous Joe, Oct 22, 2003
  4. rwright

    TSKO Guest

    Taken is that long? I thought it was like a 10 hr deal

    TSKO, Oct 22, 2003
  5. rwright

    SoHillsGuy Guest

    << Taken is that long? I thought it was like a 10 hr deal >>

    All told, there's around 840 minutes of actual content in the mini-series
    itself....about 14 hours.

    However, I've seen one site listing this collection at 1008 minutes, meaning
    there may be almost another three hours of specials/bonuses if this figure is
    true.
    SoHillsGuy, Oct 22, 2003
  6. rwright

    Paul C. Guest

    "rwright" <> wrote in

    > You've GOT to be kidding!!
    > I expected to pay maybe $40-$50 for this DVD. But $99?? When the
    > actual price of a DVD is DOUBLE what you thought it would

    be.....Guess
    > I will just watch the video I taped off of Sci-fi.

    It's got to be less than that! They have it on sale for $99.99 in
    Canada which is about $76 US right now.
    Paul C., Oct 22, 2003
  7. rwright

    Larry Gold Guest

    £40 on R2 around $70 and been out for ages

    --
    Larry.gold
    Arsenal For Life

    Larry Gold, Oct 23, 2003
  8. $73 at costco
    Frank Malczewski, Oct 26, 2003
  9. rwright

    ScottSPM Guest

    On Tue, 21 Oct 2003 18:53:40 GMT, "rwright" <> wrote:

    >You've GOT to be kidding!!
    >I expected to pay maybe $40-$50 for this DVD. But $99?? When the actual
    >price of a DVD is DOUBLE what you thought it would be.....Guess I will just
    >watch the video I taped off of Sci-fi.

    I forget exactly how much I paid... $85.00 US I think. I'm watching
    it for the first time now and it is worth every penny to me. But
    that's me...everyone is different.

    ScottSPM

    "History repeats itself
    I find this to be true,
    Reflections of what I once was
    And you as I once knew..." - Seven Days

    I can be found lurking and posting in NEWSGROUPS
    - news:alt.tv.alias
    - news:alt.tv.charmed
    - news:alt.tv.buffy-v-slayer
    - news:alt.tv.mash
    - news:alt.video.dvd
    - news:alt.support.sleep-disorder
    ScottSPM, Oct 27, 2003
  10. rwright

    ScottSPM Guest

    On 22 Oct 2003 02:31:22 GMT, (SoHillsGuy) wrote:

    ><< Taken is that long? I thought it was like a 10 hr deal >>
    >
    >All told, there's around 840 minutes of actual content in the mini-series
    >itself....about 14 hours.
    >
    >However, I've seen one site listing this collection at 1008 minutes, meaning
    >there may be almost another three hours of specials/bonuses if this figure is
    >true.

    From Amazon.com:

    Format: Color, Closed-captioned, Widescreen, Box set, Dolby
    Rated: NR
    Studio: Universal Studios

    DVD Release Date: October 21, 2003
    DVD Features:

    Complete series on five discs
    Sixth disc bonus features include:
    "Inside Taken"
    The Cast of Taken"
    "A New Reality: The Visual Effects Team"
    "A Singluar Vision: The Directors"
    "Time Warp"
    Widescreen anamorphic format
    Number of discs: 6