    a "GENERAL PROTECTION FAULT" screen has come up, saying "GPF AT $32AAFF
    CFCCAA 6699CC". Not only is that not an address, it actually looks like a
    sequence of HTML colour specs.

    Lawrence D'Oliveiro, Feb 23, 2008

  2. Lawrence D'Oliveiro

    Bobs Guest

    Lawrence D'Oliveiro wrote:
    > Anybody else saw this movie? It was shown in the wee hours of Monday on TV2.
    >
    > Unlike your typical Hollywood "hacker" movie, this one has absolutely no
    > gratuitous HollywoodOS screen graphics at all--probably because it's based
    > (to some extent) on a true story.
    >
    > I had a lot of fun freeze-framing the screen displays. The earlier ones are
    > sequences of K&R C code--looks like some kind of IP protocol stack driver.
    > One odd thing is that ">" characters have turned into ">" sequences.
    >
    > The patch that Mitnick applies when he gets into the computer centre
    > pretending to be a field technician is ANSI C.
    >
    > I'm now up to the part where he's holed up in the apartment block where
    > Shimomura and friends have located his cellphone transmissions, and
    > a "GENERAL PROTECTION FAULT" screen has come up, saying "GPF AT $32AAFF
    > CFCCAA 6699CC". Not only is that not an address, it actually looks like a
    > sequence of HTML colour specs.

    So......how often do you have sex with women Lawrence?

    Bobs, Feb 23, 2008

  3. Hi there,

    Bobs wrote:
    > Lawrence D'Oliveiro wrote:
    >> Anybody else saw this movie? It was shown in the wee hours of Monday
    >> on TV2.
    >>
    >> Unlike your typical Hollywood "hacker" movie, this one has absolutely no
    >> gratuitous HollywoodOS screen graphics at all--probably because it's
    >> based
    >> (to some extent) on a true story.
    >>
    >> I had a lot of fun freeze-framing the screen displays. The earlier
    >> ones are
    >> sequences of K&R C code--looks like some kind of IP protocol stack
    >> driver.
    >> One odd thing is that ">" characters have turned into ">" sequences.
    >>
    >> The patch that Mitnick applies when he gets into the computer centre
    >> pretending to be a field technician is ANSI C.
    >>
    >> I'm now up to the part where he's holed up in the apartment block where
    >> Shimomura and friends have located his cellphone transmissions, and
    >> a "GENERAL PROTECTION FAULT" screen has come up, saying "GPF AT $32AAFF
    >> CFCCAA 6699CC". Not only is that not an address, it actually looks like a
    >> sequence of HTML colour specs.

    > So......how often do you have sex with women Lawrence?

    Somehow I doubt Lawrence will provide a straight-up answer. I just
    had this fucken horrid vision in my head that the worlds first man
    to get off on code alone has been unearthed...

    --
    Kind regards,

    Chris Wilkinson, Brisbane, Australia.
    "Maybe politicians should ask the people whether
    or not they wanted all these wars"...

    Chris Wilkinson, Feb 23, 2008
  4. Lawrence D'Oliveiro

    shane Guest

    Bobs did scribble:

    > So......how often do you have sex with women Lawrence?

    Is this really on topic for nz.comp?

    I realise Lawrence draws some of the issues onto himself, but you can use the
    ignore function on your newsreader cant you?
    --
    Hardware n: Parts of the computer you can kick

    shane, Feb 23, 2008