    with no password I can do nothing to it. So my question is, is there no way
    to reset it the way you would reset the BIOS on a computer? So as to start
    from scratch?
    Mostro Di Biscottos, Jul 16, 2003

  2. Mostro Di Biscottos wrote:
    > I have a question.
    >
    > Ok , so I got this Cisco 2501 router, and i want to get into it. It
    > is just laying around. I am thinking that I'll t-net into it to work
    > on it, but with no password I can do nothing to it. So my question
    > is, is there no way to reset it the way you would reset the BIOS on a
    > computer? So as to start from scratch?

    http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products...ducts_password_recovery09186a0080094795.shtml

    You need physical access to the router, but you seem to have that.... good
    luck!
    Bjørn Djupvik, Jul 16, 2003

  3. Mostro Di Biscottos

    PJML Guest

    Mostro Di Biscottos wrote:
    > I have a question.
    >
    > Ok , so I got this Cisco 2501 router, and i want to get into it. It is just
    > laying around. I am thinking that I'll t-net into it to work on it, but
    > with no password I can do nothing to it. So my question is, is there no way
    > to reset it the way you would reset the BIOS on a computer? So as to start
    > from scratch?

    Assuming you have a rollover cable and the
    appropriate RJ45-to-DB9 or RJ45-to-DB25 cable,
    you connect a RS232/V24-capable terminal [or a
    PC reunning appropriate terminal-emulation
    software] to the CON port of the router, then
    follow the Cisco-documented "password recovery"
    procedure.
    PJML, Jul 16, 2003