    through a vastly expensive training scheme?

    Thanks

    Dave

    David Peck, Jan 22, 2004

  2. David Peck wrote:

    > Do you know of anywhere - does anywhere exist - where you
    > can just take the MCAD exams without having to sit
    > through a vastly expensive training scheme?

    www.vue.com or www.prometric.com

    People that take courses/training are the exception, not the rule.

    General Protection Fault, Jan 22, 2004

  3. David Peck

    Eric Guest

    David Peck wrote:

    > Do you know of anywhere - does anywhere exist - where you
    > can just take the MCAD exams without having to sit
    > through a vastly expensive training scheme?
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > Dave

    Just buy some books and go through the examples.

    Eric, Jan 22, 2004
  4. David Peck

    Martin Guest

    I myself took three courses. These courses taught me (and costed my boss) a
    lot, but they didn't help me pass the exams. I did pass the exams, but I've
    done that by:
    -working experience (+4 years SQL-Server, VB(.NET), C++, ASP, ASP.NET)
    -addiction (since my father bought me that ZX Spectrum in 1984 I've only
    been wondering how computers work)
    - many many books (try some online library and read all books(e.g.24X7Books)
    - practice a lot
    - some luck.

    Anyway, you can "just" take the exams, but please understand that taking an
    exam is about testing your skills, not about making your CV look better.

    with regards

    Martin, Jan 22, 2004
  5. David Peck

    Mahasen Guest

    If it takes some one 4years of experience to pass MCP.. how many hours per month did you work? 1~2?
    I did exams with microsoft study guid with just 6 months experience and scored all above 950. No brain dumps or cheating.
    and few of my friends did too. it's actually an easy exam to pass

    Mahasen, Jan 23, 2004
  6. David Peck

    Martin Guest

    Not mcp, mcsd ....anyway, I guess you've got more brains than I have.

    Martin, Jan 23, 2004
  7. David Peck

    Hermit Dave Guest

    well not entirely true... its all about focus...
    plus the more hands on you have on a particular subject... the better you
    are at it.
    you can just go through the training material and would probably pass the
    exams but you still dont know much bout real life situations...
    okay there are always exceptions to every rule... maybe he's one of
    those.... :)

    --
    Regards,
    HD