    70-305/70-315, 70-306/70-316, 70-310/70-320, and 70-300

    Regards
    Chris
    Chris, Jul 24, 2003

  2. Chris

    Jim Davis Guest

    Hi,

    The training kits, 70-305/70-315, 70-306/70-316, 70-
    310/70-320 are sufficient and well written. I was able
    to pass all 3 tests, easily, while only using the
    training kits. However, the 70-300 test is another
    matter.

    Although the training kit, 70-300, does delve into each
    subject area, at least superficially, you will have to
    know ORM, UML, XML, COM+, DTS, how to create an ERD, each
    of the areas covered in the other training kits (although
    there are not a lot of detailed coding questions), and
    you will need to have at least a couple of years
    experience with distributed application development. Oh,
    almost forgot, IIS, Security, determine which type of
    application to build to provide the right solution, etc,
    etc, etc. This exam covers a very broad area at a high
    level and each question is based on a case study.

    There are only about 30 questions, but each counts
    heavily if you miss it. Alot of the questions are multi-
    part, build a tree, build a list, and there are very few
    that have only one answer. This increases the chances
    for missing a question. You have to know each area pretty
    thoroughly in order to pass the test.

    If you do not know ORM, Terry Halpin's book, "Information
    Modeling and Relational Databases" is excellent. It goes
    into great detail about all aspects of ORM.

    Also, "Writing Secure Code 2nd Edition" by Howard and
    LeBlanc is very good on Security.

    Good luck!

    Jim

    MCSD exams
    >MCAD/MCSD Self-Paced Training Kit: Microsoft® .NET Core

    Requirements, Exams

    Jim Davis, Jul 24, 2003

  3. Chris

    Chris Guest