    which I find too intrusive.
    Any suggestions, freeware or otherwise would be highly appreciated.
    Thanks, Dan

    passarinho.urbano, Nov 1, 2004

  2. passarinho.urbano

    bruno Guest

    In article <>,
    (passarinho.urbano) writes:
    > Does anyone know of a program which can tag large quantities of
    > digital images? By tagging I mean the placing of a copyright and name
    > tag in the corner of images. I guess this is called watermarking, but
    > that usually refers to somthing placed across the middle of an image,
    > which I find too intrusive.

    imagemagick
    <www.imagemagick.com>

    If you look at the examples, they have one that comes pretty close to
    what you are looking for:

    Look at the "Adding textual annotation to an image" there.

    <http://www-106.ibm.com/developerworks/library/l-graf/?ca=dnt-428>

    I don't know what platform you are using, but if you had Linux or
    OSX, or if you install Cygwin on your window box
    <www.cygwin.com> and start a shell window it becomes trivial
    to run a command on a bunch of files...

    for i in `ls *.jpg`
    do
    -- insert some command here, for example convert as in the example
    done

    bruno.

    bruno , Nov 2, 2004

  3. passarinho.urbano wrote:
    > Does anyone know of a program which can tag large quantities of
    > digital images? By tagging I mean the placing of a copyright and name
    > tag in the corner of images. I guess this is called watermarking, but
    > that usually refers to somthing placed across the middle of an image,
    > which I find too intrusive.
    > Any suggestions, freeware or otherwise would be highly appreciated.
    > Thanks, Dan

    CopyRightLeft can do this - freeware (Windows)

    http://www.lunerouge.org/gnu/crl_e.htm

    Bob Harrington, Nov 2, 2004