    Firefox (which I use on my computers, but not everyone does)?

    Thank you very much for your time!

    Dave,

    Dave, Dec 27, 2006

  2. Dave

    beenthere Guest

    "Dave" <> wrote in message
    news:4592d58e$0$27087$...
    > Spybot finds this program on a computer (not mine), says it deletes it,
    > but then it comes back. I have spent a few hours reading newsgroups, web
    > forums, etc., and it is still not clear to me what has to be done to
    > eliminate the problem once and for all. So I need some detailed advice.
    >
    > Fist though, a little about the computer in question. Runs WinXP SP2;
    > IE-6, but not sure about the security settings; uses Adaware in addition
    > to Spybot; and the anti virus program is AVG-free.
    >
    > So what I really need is the steps (1, 2, 3, ...) to remove this stuff.
    > Also, is there any real advantage to using Firefox (which I use on my
    > computers, but not everyone does)?

    Read the whole page to get the gist Dave.

    http://www.scanspyware.net/info/TagASaurus.htm

    bw..OJ

    beenthere, Dec 27, 2006

  3. Dave

    why? Guest

    On Wed, 27 Dec 2006 15:20:35 -0500, Dave wrote:

    >Spybot finds this program on a computer (not mine), says it
    >deletes it, but then it comes back. I have spent a few
    >hours reading newsgroups, web forums, etc., and it is still
    >not clear to me what has to be done to eliminate the problem
    >once and for all. So I need some detailed advice.
    >
    >So what I really need is the steps (1, 2, 3, ...) to remove
    >this stuff. Also, is there any real advantage to using

    http://www.anti-spyware-101.com/remove-tagasaurus/
    1. Stop listed processes
    2. Remove listed files
    3. Remove registry entries.

    Seems simple enough.

    Usually get good answers from,
    http://forums.techguy.org/security/457702-need-help-tagasaurus.html
    Run HijackThis

    http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=2981
    Mentions a brute force uninstaller

    It's not easy to remove,
    http://www.geekstogo.com/forum/lofiversion/index.php/t107772.html
    is listed as solved so have a good look and read of it.

    Me

    why?, Dec 27, 2006
  4. Dave

    Guest

    Dave <> wrote:

    >Spybot finds this program on a computer (not mine), says it
    >deletes it, but then it comes back. I have spent a few
    >hours reading newsgroups, web forums, etc., and it is still
    >not clear to me what has to be done to eliminate the problem
    >once and for all. So I need some detailed advice.
    >
    >Fist though, a little about the computer in question. Runs
    >WinXP SP2; IE-6, but not sure about the security settings;
    >uses Adaware in addition to Spybot; and the anti virus
    >program is AVG-free.
    >
    >So what I really need is the steps (1, 2, 3, ...) to remove
    >this stuff. Also, is there any real advantage to using
    >Firefox (which I use on my computers, but not everyone does)?

    As mentioned

    download and run Process Explorer
    http://www.sysinternals.com/Utilities/ProcessExplorer.html

    Let TagASaurus run (it's no big deal) then:

    Double click on the process(s), reading it's image and command line
    will tell you where to find them. stop the process and delete the
    file/directory.

    Run Regedit and search for the file name(s) deleting them as you find
    them.

    Right clicking on the Process and selecting Google will describe the
    process.
    --
    Badger Phone
    http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/badgerphone.php

    , Dec 27, 2006
  5. Dave

    Leythos Guest

    In article <>, pcbutts1
    @fuckleythosthestalker.com says...
    > Send feedback here

    How you going to address your foul content on a site that you claim is
    to help people?

    Do you really want people to trust you with things like this on your
    website:

    http://pcbutts1.com/downloads/pervert.htm

    http://pcbutts1.com/downloads/license.htm

    Who is going to trust someone like you when you host FOUL content on
    your help site?

    Heck, just look at your email reply address to see how ethical you are.

    --

    remove 999 in order to email me

    Leythos, Dec 28, 2006